Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Which Boss gave you the most trouble?

Your first playthrough.

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Re: Which Boss gave you the most trouble?

Postby Chaos » Fri Aug 24 2007 7:08pm

Sully @ Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:51 pm) wrote: I have never once thought of doing that...jesus sully get it together.

It's an effective strategy, but it takes some patience. After defeating the gargoyles and bow riders at the beginning of the fight, you must go to the left side of the map and fly all the way to the top. Then proceed to the right until you can reach the chest. But plan ahead carefully, because Mishaela's bolt spell has a great range.
"Fiery the angels fell / Deep thunder rolled around their shores / Burning with the fires of Orc."
"Fiery the angels fell / Deep thunder rolled around their shores / Burning with the fires of Orc."
Chaos

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Sully » Fri Aug 24 2007 8:34pm

i must try that next time i play!
"If all the humans are annihilated, that's ok. It's their destiny."

Fight my Brute!
Social Networking Rules Our Lives
"If all the humans are annihilated, that's ok. It's their destiny."

Fight my Brute!
Social Networking Rules Our Lives
Sully

shining philiac
Shining Member

Postby The Frivolous 1 » Sat Aug 25 2007 12:04am

It was Elliot on my first play because I went and promoted everyone just before that fight at 10. So I lost some stats on 1/4 of my force.

Then again on my second or third play I found that magic spot two spaces to the left of him where he wouldn't move. One turbo controller and 1 hour 30 mins later I have an uber powered Ken and one beaten Elliot.
When I take out my bottle, filled up high with gasoline, you can tell by the night fires where Rael has been.
When I take out my bottle, filled up high with gasoline, you can tell by the night fires where Rael has been.
The Frivolous 1

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Martin III » Sat Aug 25 2007 1:24am

Heh; I thought I was just having bad luck with Mishaela dodging my attacks nearly half the time. I guess that'll bump her up to #2 on my "most troublesome SF1 boss" list.

I still think Kane's nasty attack is worse, though. I had to redo that fight several times before I beat him. It's hard to defeat someone with that much HP and defense when you're losing a member every turn.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Solby » Sat Aug 25 2007 2:58am

Sully @ Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:34 pm) wrote: i must try that next time i play!

Careful if you do. I've never actually tested it but I've heard if you get the SoL before finishing the fight, you won't get to search the battlefield afterwards, so make sure you get all the chests ahead of time.

Kane was the hardest for me. The first time I played I was a very low level. Kane easily overkilled all of my characters (doing more than double to some). I also heavily relied on Max, but I couldn't use him for obvious reasons. Except for Marionette, none of the other bosses really gave me too much trouble.
I guess it comes down to a simple choice really.... get busy living, or get busy dying.
I guess it comes down to a simple choice really.... get busy living, or get busy dying.
Solby

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Link » Sat Aug 25 2007 4:36pm

As far as the actual boss goes, I'd put Kane at the top, followed by Mishaela. Kane is a bitch with his SoD, plus his high HP. If he hits your guys, you're either toast, or close to it. Even using archers behind the ridge, it's long and annoying. Mishaela has Bolt and high evade, which sucked, but usually wasn't too big a problem.

As far as the hardest battle, I'd hand that over to Colossus. There are 3 of them, none of which being that difficult to kill, but unless you have an exceedingly good Force, you're gonna have issues getting there. My force just happened to be, well, not so good my first time, so I got pwn'd quite a few times.
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
Dark Link

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Loftus » Tue Aug 28 2007 12:34am

Marionnete hands down. thats a crazy boss for how far in it is when you think about it. it killed most of my people in one hit at the same time.... recovered hp... which actually didn't matter coz' i couldn't hit the damn thing. and thats after fighting loads of clowns. mental battle.
There are no limits.
There are no limits.
Loftus

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Link » Wed Aug 29 2007 1:08am

I'm not gonna lie, I kind-of forgot about the Marionnette, until someone mentioned it. Now that I think about it, not an easy battle, if I remember correctly....
Dark Link

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby GNORN » Wed Aug 29 2007 1:34am

The Marionette battle was pretty simple IMO. I did it solo about two weeks ago (Max, forgot which level), but I started by entering the circus tent at the left side of the entrance, luring in the puppets etc. After that I attacked the bats. Then I killed of the puppets which where on stage one by one (by luring them in) and finally killed the Marionette.

I think I was about level 15 or there abouts.
Shining in the Darkness
Facing the Trial of Truth
Shining in the Darkness
GNORN

BANNED
Shining Member

Postby Dark Link » Wed Aug 29 2007 1:58am

I beat that battle recently in my Gong solo (roughly lvl. 15), and it was easy. That said, this talks about 1st runthrough, not later runthroughs.
Dark Link

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby GNORN » Wed Aug 29 2007 2:01am

Dark Link @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:58 am) wrote: I beat that battle recently in my Gong solo (roughly lvl. 15), and it was easy. That said, this talks about 1st runthrough, not later runthroughs.

Ah, okie... Well, that I can't remember. My first runthrough was in 1993 =)
Shining in the Darkness
Shining in the Darkness
GNORN

BANNED
Shining Member

Postby Stordarth » Wed Aug 29 2007 4:35pm

Kane.

Everyone else was easy by comparison.

That mainly applies to my 1st playthrough, when i was inexperienced. It was the only boss battle to keep me in a deadlock for 4 attempts. every other one was a cakewalk. Even dark dragon.

Chimaeras giving you trouble? just cast Freeze lvl 4 and laugh. if they're still alive, use the chaos breaker ftw.

Code: Select all
Dice Codes
Attack/Marked Target: /roll 8d100
Damage Variance (Rebels): /roll d18 [Blake with Blade], /roll d26 [Other cases.]
Damage Variance (Emissaries): /roll d16 [Zuberi with Blade], /roll d21 [Rain with Katana, Thrald with Blade], /roll d26 [Other cases.]
Magic: /roll d26
Status Effects: /roll d100
Level-Ups (No/Fixed MP): /roll 4d11
Level-Ups (Has MP): /roll 5d11

---
SFCW-A: Durandar, Sedor Silverwing
Sunken Castle: Fintan Kahn

Code: Select all
Dice Codes
Attack/Marked Target: /roll 8d100
Damage Variance (Rebels): /roll d18 [Blake with Blade], /roll d26 [Other cases.]
Damage Variance (Emissaries): /roll d16 [Zuberi with Blade], /roll d21 [Rain with Katana, Thrald with Blade], /roll d26 [Other cases.]
Magic: /roll d26
Status Effects: /roll d100
Level-Ups (No/Fixed MP): /roll 4d11
Level-Ups (Has MP): /roll 5d11

---
SFCW-A: Durandar, Sedor Silverwing
Sunken Castle: Fintan Kahn
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby Loftus » Thu Aug 30 2007 1:52am

Bell @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:34 am) wrote: The Marionette battle was pretty simple IMO. I did it solo about two weeks ago (Max, forgot which level), but I started by entering the circus tent at the left side of the entrance, luring in the puppets etc. After that I attacked the bats. Then I killed of the puppets which where on stage one by one (by luring them in) and finally killed the Marionette.

I think I was about level 15 or there abouts.

i found the marionette battle ALOT easier using solos :p i found chaos the hardest to do in solos coz' of the damn chimeras and dragons :(
There are no limits.
There are no limits.
Loftus

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby CajNatalie » Thu Aug 30 2007 8:05am

Why is it that -again- somebody calls Colossus Chaos?
o_O

Wake up people, lol. :p
They're alive; back from the dead!
SF1 Stat Growth Spreadsheets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25645
Use them alongside the SF1 Editor when modding. :thumbsup:
They're alive; back from the dead!
SF1 Stat Growth Spreadsheets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25645
Use them alongside the SF1 Editor when modding. :thumbsup:
CajNatalie

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby GNORN » Thu Aug 30 2007 10:53am

qprmanzz @ Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:52 am) wrote: i found the marionette battle ALOT easier using solos :p i found chaos the hardest to do in solos coz' of the damn chimeras and dragons :(

Yep, I could only finish that fight by constantly saving.
Shining in the Darkness
Shining in the Darkness
GNORN

BANNED
Shining Member

Postby Shining Levi » Thu Aug 30 2007 4:28pm

The first playthrough I struggled the most against Marionette, followed closely by Mishaela.

Kane, Darksol, and the General guy (been a long time since I played) never gave me trouble the first playthrough.

I struggled with the boss on the boat and the robot boss, and it took me a bit to understand what was going on in the Dark Dragon battle.

But easily Marionette was the one I struggled with the most.
Matthew 5:16 For let your light so shine among men, so that they will see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

World of Warcraft
Kastur - 80 Paladin
Silver Hand
Matthew 5:16 For let your light so shine among men, so that they will see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

World of Warcraft
Kastur - 80 Paladin
Silver Hand
Shining Levi

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Dark Link » Thu Aug 30 2007 11:44pm

Shining Levi @ Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:28 am) wrote: ...and the General guy (been a long time since I played)

do you mean Elliot? Because his battle wasn't hard, just a big playing field.
Dark Link

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Loftus » Sat Sep 01 2007 1:24am

CajNatalie @ Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:05 am) wrote: Why is it that -again- somebody calls Colossus Chaos?
o_O

Wake up people, lol. :p

leave me alone :p i was tired... but yeah that's who i meant lol no idea why i called him chaos :shifty: which was also a pain in the ass battle now i think about it.
There are no limits.
There are no limits.
Loftus

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kaihaku » Sat Sep 01 2007 2:03am

Marionette... I didn't have any trouble with Kane...but I replayed the start of the battle allot for leveling reasons so by the point I actually bothered approaching him...
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Balbaroy » Sat Sep 01 2007 3:23am

qprmanzz @ Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:24 pm) wrote: leave me alone :p i was tired... but yeah that's who i meant lol no idea why i called him chaos :shifty: which was also a pain in the ass battle now i think about it.

Chaos wasn't as hard as the battle around him. All those laser eyes and stuff all in that tight enclosure.

As far as actual bosses are concerned, I had the most trouble with Mishaela. Her Bolts always killed a few of my party.
Proud MD Bro, Medical Marvel and Team CP Member.
Proud MD Bro, Medical Marvel and Team CP Member.
Balbaroy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force