Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

One "Man" Army.

If you could field a force of 12 of any one character...

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby Wetwille » Thu Sep 06 2012 11:29am

If you are going to make status magic hit, you might as well use Hanzhou. He has sleep, dispell, desoul, and shield. Mages would be no problem, and if an enemy could be too much, 12 desouls would fix that.
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Wetwille

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Jan 19 2012 6:12am
Location: Stafford, Va

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby DomingoRules! » Thu Sep 06 2012 5:12pm

Wetwille wrote:If you are going to make status magic hit, you might as well use Hanzhou. He has sleep, dispell, desoul, and shield. Mages would be no problem, and if an enemy could be too much, 12 desouls would fix that.

I agree, and I actually was thinking about Hanzou when typing that post. I was just saying, because there have been a few mentions of Tao armies with not one making the point of those numbers improving the usefulness of her status spells. Whereas the one post I spotted mentioning Hanzou already stated the 12 Desouls idea.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Tue Feb 17 2009 5:50am

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby Omega Entity » Thu Sep 06 2012 5:21pm

If Dark Dragon weren't immune, it'd be kind of epic to take him out with Desoul. And yet, at the same time, it'd be kind of anti-climatic as well.
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD


SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD


SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
Omega Entity

User avatar
*jiggle*
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 12200
Joined: Fri Mar 06 2009 11:43pm

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby RastaOddeye » Thu Sep 06 2012 5:52pm

Either 12 Bleu's or 12 Musashi's. That would be epic.
I'm arrogant, and proud of it.
I'm arrogant, and proud of it.
RastaOddeye

User avatar
Zeons Third General
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1672
Joined: Tue May 10 2011 9:30am
Location: Sheffield

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby Wetwille » Fri Sep 07 2012 12:35am

12 Bleu's seems like cheating. Like 12 Khris's.
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Wetwille

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Jan 19 2012 6:12am
Location: Stafford, Va

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby acsound » Fri Sep 07 2012 3:34am

Wetwille wrote:12 Bleu's seems like cheating. Like 12 Khris's.


Khris isn't that strong an attacker (though she's a highly effective healer). Then again, 12 of her casting SLOW on enemies and QUICK on each other could theoretically make her effective (she'd essentially become a killer tank for 2-3 turns). But that's the only way I see an all-Khris team being powerhouses; even as a properly leveled VICR, she doesn't hit that hard.
acsound

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Thu Jul 21 2011 7:35pm
Location: North Charleston, SC, United States

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby Omega Entity » Fri Sep 07 2012 3:55am

acsound wrote:
Wetwille wrote:12 Bleu's seems like cheating. Like 12 Khris's.


Khris isn't that strong an attacker


What game are you playing? My Kris always ends up as an ass-kicking tank.
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD


SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD


SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
Omega Entity

User avatar
*jiggle*
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 12200
Joined: Fri Mar 06 2009 11:43pm

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby DomingoRules! » Fri Sep 07 2012 4:51am

Wetwille wrote:12 Bleu's seems like cheating. Like 12 Khris's.

I'd say 12 Guntz's would be cheating as well assuming you also break the game to have 12 Mobility Rings and 12 Valkeries. Otherwise the team would start to suffer later in the game due to limited amounts of the best weapon, and low movement. The weapon thing though could be said about a lot of characters, but I feel it hits spear-wielders the hardest because while most classes can at least have their 2nd best weapon purchased, if I recall you can only buy up to the third best spear/lance in the game (don't recall off the top of my head if the strongest other than the Halberd and Valkerie was a spear or lance since, because of that weapon limitation, I never use more than two spear-wielders on my party)
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Tue Feb 17 2009 5:50am

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby acsound » Sun Sep 09 2012 3:41am

Omega Entity wrote:
acsound wrote:
Wetwille wrote:12 Bleu's seems like cheating. Like 12 Khris's.


Khris isn't that strong an attacker


What game are you playing? My Kris always ends up as an ass-kicking tank.


I usually use Khris as a healer; she rarely attacks. She hits decently at endgame; she's just not at Guntz-level dominance for me. (maybe I get bad ATK level-ups, or I'm not training her properly.)
acsound

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Thu Jul 21 2011 7:35pm
Location: North Charleston, SC, United States

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby shiningsaga » Sun Sep 09 2012 12:22pm

12 Musashi's would be my choice. Though 12 Earnest's kitted out with valkyrie's would be fun too!!
shiningsaga

User avatar
Member
Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Oct 09 2007 8:59pm

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby Wetwille » Sun Sep 09 2012 3:14pm

DomingoRules! wrote:
Wetwille wrote:12 Bleu's seems like cheating. Like 12 Khris's.

I'd say 12 Guntz's would be cheating as well assuming you also break the game to have 12 Mobility Rings and 12 Valkeries. Otherwise the team would start to suffer later in the game due to limited amounts of the best weapon, and low movement. The weapon thing though could be said about a lot of characters, but I feel it hits spear-wielders the hardest because while most classes can at least have their 2nd best weapon purchased, if I recall you can only buy up to the third best spear/lance in the game (don't recall off the top of my head if the strongest other than the Halberd and Valkerie was a spear or lance since, because of that weapon limitation, I never use more than two spear-wielders on my party)


You can buy the fourth best lance, the chrome lance, in chapter 6. 1 halberd is in chapter 6, the devil lance and Valkyrie are in chapter 7, and the second halberd is in chapter 8.
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Wetwille

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Jan 19 2012 6:12am
Location: Stafford, Va

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby DomingoRules! » Sun Sep 09 2012 4:54pm

Wetwille wrote:
DomingoRules! wrote:
Wetwille wrote:12 Bleu's seems like cheating. Like 12 Khris's.

I'd say 12 Guntz's would be cheating as well assuming you also break the game to have 12 Mobility Rings and 12 Valkeries. Otherwise the team would start to suffer later in the game due to limited amounts of the best weapon, and low movement. The weapon thing though could be said about a lot of characters, but I feel it hits spear-wielders the hardest because while most classes can at least have their 2nd best weapon purchased, if I recall you can only buy up to the third best spear/lance in the game (don't recall off the top of my head if the strongest other than the Halberd and Valkerie was a spear or lance since, because of that weapon limitation, I never use more than two spear-wielders on my party)


You can buy the fourth best lance, the chrome lance, in chapter 6. 1 halberd is in chapter 6, the devil lance and Valkyrie are in chapter 7, and the second halberd is in chapter 8.

Yeah, well that's if you count cursed weapons, which I personally don't. Only time I don't sell those is if they have a 'use' ability. And even with the two halberds, I still generally only go with two because I like to give the one who doesn't get the valkyrie both halberds for bolt to help make up for their lacking the better weapon.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Tue Feb 17 2009 5:50am

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby Wetwille » Sun Sep 09 2012 5:14pm

In SFI, curses are different. Only some items will "make your body go numb," which I think is only the Black Ring and Sword of Darkness. Others will occasionally damage you by a small amount, which is easily healed.
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Wetwille

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Jan 19 2012 6:12am
Location: Stafford, Va

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby DomingoRules! » Mon Sep 10 2012 6:03am

Wetwille wrote:In SFI, curses are different. Only some items will "make your body go numb," which I think is only the Black Ring and Sword of Darkness. Others will occasionally damage you by a small amount, which is easily healed.

Ah, I was unaware of that. Still, be that as it may, I just don't like the idea of using items that have drawbacks, even if the upsides counterbalance the flaws. Even if the drawback was only a point or two of damage a turn, but the higher attack power was about 20, I still likely wouldn't bother. Things like that just don't sit well with me.

It's different though if equipment is balanced in different ways, making some equipment better than others in certain situations, or based on playstyle (granted there isn't really much like that in the SF games). Like, for example, if I'm playing a game and I have a piece of equipment that boosts strength by X, and defense by Y, then later get a new piece of equipment that gives higher attack, but lower defense, or vice versa. Then it's just a matter of preference. However, I wouldn't consider the new equipment if one of the stat values was -X or -Y, or there was some other hidden drawback that isn't the like normal to equipment.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Tue Feb 17 2009 5:50am

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby Wetwille » Tue Sep 11 2012 11:31am

I only stay away from the black ring and sword of darkness.
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Wetwille

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Jan 19 2012 6:12am
Location: Stafford, Va

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby Antman 537 » Tue Sep 11 2012 4:50pm

I would definitely go with 12 Hanzous; the image of that many ninjas running around is just hilarious.

I might also go with 12 Hans for similar reasons. The novelty of struggling through battles with them would probably wear off before I finished the game though.
Antman 537

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Aug 04 2006 7:52pm
Location: The distant future

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby Lobo » Tue Sep 11 2012 6:16pm

Wetwille wrote:I only stay away from the black ring and sword of darkness.


Me too, but only until the Chaos Breaker creation procedure.
Then, Max can equip the Black Ring with no penalty while the SoD is not in the inventory anymore.
Lobo

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Fri Sep 17 2004 5:31pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro / Brazil

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby Wetwille » Tue Sep 11 2012 10:20pm

Max is always given the white ring in my playthroughs. And if you want a strength boost, you may as well use the evil ring.
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement
Conqueror of Katgirlfeli's Shining Force 1 mod
Wetwille

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Jan 19 2012 6:12am
Location: Stafford, Va

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby DomingoRules! » Wed Sep 12 2012 12:48am

Ah, the White Ring. In my most recent playthrough it broke because I hadn't played the game in so long that I forgot it was damaged. My biggest pet peeve about SF1 over SF2 was always that items don't display when they're damaged.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Tue Feb 17 2009 5:50am

Re: One "Man" Army.

Postby Sin Jackal » Sun Sep 23 2012 3:32am

Is there a limitation on items? Or can you duplicate any item to equip these guys? 12 Maxes with 12 Chaos Breakers is a strong choice since they can all infinitely cast Freeze 3, and have huge attack power and nice HP.

If they're limited, then I guess it's kinda hard not to choose characters who don't use weapons and are still good, like Bleu, Zylo, Adam, and Gong. Gong's probably a good choice if you overlevel the guy. Decent damage and they can all heal eachother. The lack of ranged attack without using cursed rings and whatnot is a bit of an issue though.


Guntzlegend42 wrote:I'm surprised that no one said 12 Guntz. I mean, with really good attack and defence equipped with Power Rings and Valkyries they are beasts (Both literally and metaphorically)! 12 Zylos would be monsters in attack but their defence might lack.


I was thinking of Guntz too. He's an excellent character. Too bad there's a limited supply of Valkyries.
Sin Jackal

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Oct 05 2004 6:54am
Location: Illinois

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest