Shining Force: darkwolf777's (aka katgirlfeli's) SF Mod Release Thread

Current Version: 1.20 Date: 7/15/2014

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

MCRT
Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: darkwolf777's (aka katgirlfeli's) SF Mod Release Thread

Post by MCRT »

Will this mod actually be updated anymore? It definitvely one of the best (or better: most different) out there and considering that it now seems possible to create MP restoring items with the editor, it would add a lot of possibilities for the fighter characters with few MP.
Runesamurai
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Runesamurai »

Just a little tip for everyone. Run this mod in the editor and change the sprite of Momi no Tsurugi to 2. It's battle sprite will look more like it's icon.
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

MCRT wrote:Will this mod actually be updated anymore? It definitvely one of the best (or better: most different) out there and considering that it now seems possible to create MP restoring items with the editor, it would add a lot of possibilities for the fighter characters with few MP.
Man, its close to 4 years now since I last posted (dear god, over 6 years since I made this topic looking at it now). Time continues on for all of us. No, I hadn't really had any thoughts of updating the mod, though there were still bugs I was supposed to take care of that I never did (such as that panel in the Dark Sol fight that's impassible unless changed in the editor). When I get a chance I should officially fix it so that its not a problem haha.

I think the only other thing I thought might be too strong was the current damage to mp ratio of Bolt considering I believe its still global. There was also the issue with Poison, though I forgot what it was specifically, not with poison itself (25 damage was intentional) but I think there was an issue with the Spell, but I forgot what it could be.

In addition, I haven't seen the editor since I last used it years ago (after finding my folder, the last version I have of the editor was 1.5.3) so I haven't seen if there were any additions to what could be edited. I'm glad you liked the mod at least. Its not particularly fancy, but I'm glad it was worth a playthrough.