Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

The Search For Kane's Baby Mama

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

The Search For Kane's Baby Mama

Postby Caedmonball19 » Thu Nov 07 2013 5:19pm

Okay so I had the thought while playing through Shining Force Final Conflict that since Kane had a child that somewhere in the Shining Force 1 Timeline he must have had time to procreate. So here are some basics first and foremost.
1. Did Kane come out of the cryo-sleep and instantly have the mask put on him?
2. If so then what are all the known whereabouts of Kane during SF1? In Guardania in the beginning killing people, Alterone throwing you in jail, Dragonia standing by himself, Prompt on his Death bed. Can we create a Kane timeline?
3. Any chance the child could have been placed in the cryo-sleep with Kane...... This would be interesting and open up lots of possibilities for a prequel.....
4. If Kane did have the mask on would he only procreate with another evil doer, would he have settled for a mere mortal, would Darksol have manipulated him to procreate with someone in hopes of creating another minion? or is there maybe a hint of humanity left in him that allowed him to care for another while having the mask on? (Having the mask on seems to hinder the finding true love angle)
5. If Kane did not have the mask on right away post cryo-sleep where could he have been defeated and forced to wear the mask? Knowing this would help to create a feasible story on where the mother was from.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Re: The Search For Kane's Baby Mama

Postby Omega Entity » Thu Nov 07 2013 6:22pm

One important point - you don't -need- to love someone to have sex with them. People are perfectly able to perform that function without it.
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD

Any game I'm in should be considered a dating game.

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby Caedmonball19 » Thu Nov 07 2013 7:47pm

Point well taken, however in games and movies it usually goes over if there is love. It makes you care about the character even if it is an evil one. You see a side of good in them fighting to get out but only to be swallowed by the darkness. I would be interested in your views of this back story though as you are a long time contributor.

Note: I did watch videos online to find the backstory again on Max and Kane (it's right before the Chaos battle if you want to see it as well in ROTDD). So it appears as if Max and Kane wake up activate their 100 Adam robots and Chaos and prepare to leave the room. However Darksol appears at the exit and casts Demon Breath on 99 Adam Robots. Kane tells Max to leave and faces Darksol. So the story of Kane meeting someone post cryo but pre mask is not feasible. He would have needed to mate as the evil Kane, although in the beginning at Guardania it seems as if his good side tries to come out when he meets Max and then he surpresses it. So there would be a possibility of him actually caring for someone while he has the mask. He seems to be in Dragonia for a while, a couple chapters or so. I don't think Kane's baby mama would be a dragon though :)
Is it possible to introduce a new idea that maybe Darksol puts a spell over the baby mama so she doesn't know who the daddy is? That might be an interesting way to tie another character to this situation. What female characters do we know Kane has been around? I know he was in Alterone with Khris, Guardania with Mae.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby Omega Entity » Fri Nov 08 2013 2:11am

A better reference would be to use the retranslation of LoGI, rather than RotDD. RotDD changed too much, IMO, for it to be a legitimate source of info.

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby Caedmonball19 » Fri Nov 08 2013 2:13pm

What would be the big differences concerning Kane between the two? LOGI didnt have as much back story to it so there would be even less to go off of.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby Omega Entity » Fri Nov 08 2013 6:14pm

Regarding Kane, not much, off the top of my head. The retranslation of LoGI has a little bit more info than the official translation.

Besides, it's always better to use what's considered canon. Using something just because there's more content, doesn't make it a better source, especially if that source has a lot of questionable bits. That'd be like writing a history report and using Assassin's Creed as your sources rather than actual history books because there's more content. Yeah, there's some bits of actual history in there, but there's too much other crap to make it a reliable source. See what I'm getting at?

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby Max20Characters » Fri Nov 08 2013 7:03pm

Why not Mishaela? Just because she had a baby with Darksol doesn't mean she couldn't have had one with Kane too.

Postby Caedmonball19 » Fri Nov 08 2013 10:11pm

Omega Entity: I understand your point, but what about Kane's story defies canon? I know the epilogue's are brand new and may not have been thought through 100%. Getting the mask as soon as he comes out of the pod makes sense to me. Fighting for humanity even behind the mask makes sense to me. I know some people have a bad taste in their mouth about ROTDD but I enjoyed their attempt at more content. LOGI was a pretty straight forward story since they put so much effort into graphics it didn't have much fluff.

Max20: I am not sure if it's possible for Devil's to carry 2 babies from 2 daddy's :) I think it would add to the story more if it were someone else. Mishaela shouldn't be the only female getting attention.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby Omega Entity » Sat Nov 09 2013 5:15am

Uh... I don't think he meant at the same time, as far as Mishaela goes.

Back to my point, the retranslation of LoGI -does- have more fluff about Kane. Maybe not to the degree of RotDD, but still.

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby Caedmonball19 » Sat Nov 09 2013 4:12pm

Well I feel like we are straying from the original discussion of this topic but my point about Max's comment is that Mishaeka was carrying Darksols baby according to the current SF:FC script, so she could not carry Kane's baby at the same time. Both Darksol and Kane were defeated in SF1. (Yes I know Darksol makes a reappearance in SF:FC, but I dont think that would be enough time for Mishaela to take the baby to term. Unless Devils only carry children for 8.5 seconds before delivery.

Is there a place where the entire retranslation of LOGI can be read? I found bits and pieces so far.

Edit: I found the script but dont see much fluff. Only thing new to me is that Chaos was created to protect Kane. Does not help with baby mama though :)
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby DomingoRules! » Mon Nov 11 2013 10:00am

Despite your suggestions for using RotDD for backstory, finding a point where Kane could've reproduced with somebody would actually (I think) work better without. Disregarding the cryo-stasis bit added to the story provides a wider window of opportunity for him to have had a loved one and mated prior to being possessed by Darksol. If it happened during the time when Darksol controlled him, then it was probably rape during a village raid.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Lobo » Mon Nov 11 2013 1:03pm

It could have happened in the sea, as Kane took the long voyage from Rindo to Runefaust.
Maybe one of those beautiful mermaids, though they should have passed quite south of Waral region.
But how can we know?
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Caedmonball19 » Mon Nov 11 2013 3:23pm

Lobo: I actually thought about that too, but wasn't sure about a half merman/human :) Also it never mentioned Ian being a good swimmer, unless maybe he got Kane's genes for that.

Domingo: I am torn on which backstory to use. ROTDD had a more expansive backstory while LOGI provided few details. Even the original translated wasn't much better. This is slipping my mind but what are the pods in the Chaos battle for in LOGI if not for the cryo-stasis for Kane and Max? If they were never put in Cryo-stasis then where were they from? Someone would have known who they were with all the traveling they did. Unless they came from another continent which I suppose would be possible. SF2 doesn't ever mention Kane or Max growing up anywhere does it? This leads me to think that ROTDD's story is what they were initially going for. It also makes the Ancients look a whole lot smarter too :)
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby Omega Entity » Mon Nov 11 2013 9:32pm

I'm pretty sure that, although perhaps not stated bluntly, the retrans confirms the cryostasis bit. However, I don't recall it going into any kind of detail as to when Darksol influenced Kane. Max was found on the beach by Lowe, having been washed ashore. It stands to reason that Kane could have turned up elsewhere (ocean currents, and all that), and that he could have been taken in much the same way as Max, leaving your window of opportunity open there.

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby Caedmonball19 » Mon Nov 11 2013 11:10pm

Hmmm now that sounds like a true possibility Omega. Maybe Kane ends up washing ashore in Runefaust. It would seem to fit nicely if Ian was a product of Runefaust. He could be the redemption of the kingdom. Any other theories, anyone?
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby Noma » Mon Nov 11 2013 11:44pm

WARNING: SPOILER!
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Omega Entity » Tue Nov 12 2013 12:05am

Noma wrote:
WARNING: SPOILER!

It's not in the strat guide description of him, i can tell you that much.It also doesn't appear to be in his description in FC's instruction booklet. Going by previous heroes, I think it's a safe bet that he's anywhere between 16 and 20, at least that's what I'd guess.

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby Caedmonball19 » Tue Nov 12 2013 7:34pm

I would agree with that assumption Omega. Is there an explanation as to why Ian doesn't speak in Final Conflict? Maybe this could be due to a event involving his mother..... Attack on their village/town.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby Omega Entity » Tue Nov 12 2013 7:49pm

Or, it could simply be that it's simply a design thing. After all, the '...'s in SF3 are filled in when you witness the conversation from a different perspective - for example, places where you play Synbios and he says '...' when speaking to Medion, when you play as Medion Synbios speaks, and Medion's words are '...'. I think this might also be true of the SFCD games as well, though my memory's a little rusty on that.

All of Camelot's Shining games are set up this way, and RotDD is the -only- title that breaks this tradition. But then, it was also developed by a different developer.

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet

SFCW Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby Caedmonball19 » Tue Nov 12 2013 8:30pm

SFFC does display Ian nods his head a lot. So I am not sure he had his voice. Otherwise he could say yes. I do understand what you mean about SF3 though.

Here is something interesting. I was rereading the SF Character Translation page on this forum and I found a tidbit about Earnest being from "Thermal" which was destroyed by Balbazak. Thermal was northeast of Runefaust and was attacked one year ago. It was the first victim of the attack by Runefaust.

Also found a tidbit about DarkSol appearing one year ago before the attack on Guardania.

So...... this has me wondering why would DarkSol's first attack be on Thermal one year before he planned his big assault? Makes me think he was going after something or someone to use in his army. Maybe he was going after Kane, without him he wouldn't have had a chance to revive Dark Dragon. So maybe the baby mama is from either Runefaust or Thermal.

So to the point earlier that maybe Max and Kane both washed ashore maybe Max washes up by Guardania and Kane washes ashore near Thermal. Does anyone have a good copy of the world map for Rune? Preferably with English town names :)
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Next

Return to Shining Force