Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force X

A massive SF mod!

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Re: Shining Force X

Postby SaCred » Tue Mar 11 2014 11:16pm

Chuckles huh :) The sprite looks like Marionette ? Or am i confusing things?
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Tyadran » Tue Mar 11 2014 11:20pm

SaCred wrote:Chuckles huh :) The sprite looks like Marionette ? Or am i confusing things?

It looks like the Dire Clown. The sprite had just disappeared (you know how it flashes when you pull up the status) when I took the pic. You can see two of them in the screenshot of the group of enemies. Trick 2 hits with the radius of Bolt 3 and does about 6-9 damage. Which is...devastating at this point in the game. With two of him, that's 12-18 damage on almost your entire party, and I can guarantee that will kill Katchiri, Fayne, Drios, and May at this point. Then throw in Marionette's Freeze 3, and...ouch. :damnit:
Tyadran - Modding Sega Genesis games since 2013.
Check me out on YouTube.
Check me out on YouTube.
Tyadran

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Tue Mar 11 2014 11:57pm

I see :) looks like an Egressing type of game :D
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Tyadran » Wed Mar 12 2014 12:20am

SaCred wrote:I see :) looks like an Egressing type of game :D

Yeah...except that I don't like to Egress. XD I'm on my fourth attempt now. Luckily not running TOO low on cash yet. :thumbsup:

EDIT:
And this is what happens when I try new strategies.
WARNING: SPOILER!

Fifth time's the charm. Now on to Shade Abbey.
WARNING: SPOILER!

BIG EDIT:
Chapter 2 has been released, as well as an 'update patch', which should allow you to carry over your save if you played Chapter 1. No promises on savestates. :thumbsup:

Some extra notes:
-I noticed that the armor effect doesn't work properly, instead casting Egress. This is not game-breaking, and should be addressed by Chapter 3.
-Vulcan and Elaine do not have battle sprites yet. If you attempt to play into Chapter 3, they will look like Balbaroy and Amon. Sorry.
-Some of these battles were seriously hard. I think I've made them a little more tolerable, but have not tested them as such. However, as I was able to beat the harder version (...after 5 tries...), it should be possible.
-Enemies that regenerate: Zombies with 20 HP (some have 20, some have 15) and the Ghoul. I think that's all.
-The Steel Armor is kind of overpowered and makes pretty much everything only do 1 damage to you. I'll have to decide how to deal with this. Until then, avoid buying it if you still want a challenge. :)

Enjoy!
Check me out on YouTube.
Check me out on YouTube.
Tyadran

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Wed Mar 12 2014 3:35am

lol what is happening in the first image? Somebody got ambushed in the middle of those clowns haha. Have you found out which Bat was causing the bug? Or will i have to use Save State on every turn? :D
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Tyadran » Wed Mar 12 2014 11:52am

SaCred wrote:lol what is happening in the first image? Somebody got ambushed in the middle of those clowns haha. Have you found out which Bat was causing the bug? Or will i have to use Save State on every turn? :D

1) That was my main character. Only Katchiri survived that battle.

2) I could not get my game to crash. Therefore, I have no idea what your crash was. However, if you made it through that battle, you should be able to update-patch and not have to play it again...unless you want to replay Chapter 1 with some AI fixes I made. Just savestate a couple of times in that battle and hope for the best. Sorry. :damnit:
Check me out on YouTube.
Check me out on YouTube.
Tyadran

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Wed Mar 12 2014 1:12pm

Lol okay, I will give it another shot sometime soon :)
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby metateen » Wed Mar 12 2014 1:22pm

I'm ready for this release~
~Photobucket~Composer~GMC character designer~DevintART~
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 78d426.png
~Photobucket~Composer~GMC character designer~DevintART~
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 78d426.png
metateen

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Wed Mar 12 2014 6:44pm

metateen wrote:I'm ready for this release~

Lol Metateen is always ready, that's when he's away for like 2 weeks :) Meta where you been hiding? Lol
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Tyadran » Sun Mar 16 2014 8:41pm

Just curious if anyone has been playing any of Chapter 2 yet, or if anyone besides SaCred has any comments on anything yet.

I'm on spring break this week, so hopefully I'll get some more sprites finished (Falcon Riders and promoted sprites are top priority atm).
Check me out on YouTube.
Check me out on YouTube.
Tyadran

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Wed Mar 19 2014 11:33am

I haven't played it since it crashed on me lol. When I get back from my holiday, I will give it another shot :)

I want to see Skarloey do another 3 hits lol.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Lobo » Fri Apr 04 2014 9:40pm

I started to play it yesterday, but have not gone very far.
In the middle of the second battle now.

Great fun to see the new graphics to work together! :thumbsup:
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Tyadran » Fri Apr 04 2014 9:44pm

Lobo wrote:I started to play it yesterday, but have not gone very far.
In the middle of the second battle now.

Great fun to see the new graphics to work together! :thumbsup:

Haha, thanks! I put a lot of work into the graphics, and I'm glad to hear it paid off. Working on this is on at least semi-hiatus until finals are over (about 3 weeks from now) because school is getting really crazy and homework-heavy. As such, I don't know when I'll next be updating it. :damnit: I will update it, though, hopefully picking up more once school is out for the summer. ;)
Check me out on YouTube.
Check me out on YouTube.
Tyadran

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Sat Apr 05 2014 12:12am

Anybody played Chapter 2? Lol. I don't have internet on my PC bugger otherwise I would. You sorted out the bat bug yet? Lol
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Tyadran » Sun Apr 06 2014 2:12am

SaCred wrote:Anybody played Chapter 2? Lol. I don't have internet on my PC bugger otherwise I would. You sorted out the bat bug yet? Lol

As I've said, I haven't gotten it to replicate. I can't fix what I can't see - as soon as I can see it myself and figure out what the issue is, I'll do that. I'd just give it another shot and hope for the best. :blush:
Check me out on YouTube.
Check me out on YouTube.
Tyadran

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Faisal » Sun Apr 06 2014 9:06am

Though I havent played it seems awesome thank you guys who worked on this you have my gratitude :)
Eat food,sleep,wake up,eat food,eat some more,eat a little more,sleep.Repeat everyday and be awesome (Y)
Eat food,sleep,wake up,eat food,eat some more,eat a little more,sleep.Repeat everyday and be awesome (Y)
Faisal

The Asian Sensation
Shining Hero

Postby Tyadran » Sun Apr 06 2014 3:18pm

Faisal wrote:Though I havent played it seems awesome thank you guys who worked on this you have my gratitude :)

Haha, thanks a lot. :)
Rubixcuber made the Shining Force 1 editor, but all of the project work on Shining Force X has been done by me alone, which is why school is killing its progress for a while. :damnit: Anyway, give it a shot sometime and let me know what you think! :thumbsup:
Check me out on YouTube.
Check me out on YouTube.
Tyadran

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Sun Apr 06 2014 4:10pm

I like the triple hit which is unique to SF :) well I only played SF1 2 and CD.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Tyadran » Thu Mar 19 2015 2:47am

So I'm somewhat interested in picking this back up after almost a year hiatus. However, as it's been so long, I've decided I need to re-evaluate some things about this mod in major ways, so I'm asking for some help here.

I would appreciate it if a few people (at least three or so) would be willing to record (in video or in notes) a playthrough of the game so far, which should be complete up to the Shade Abbey fight, iirc. I need to investigate some of the difficulty in battles and such after I got brutally murdered by Battle 5 multiple times in my own tests. I want to see how other people approach the battles and whether they're reasonable in difficulty.

In any case, feel free to mention anything else you think of. I look forward to hearing back about this?
Check me out on YouTube.
Check me out on YouTube.
Tyadran

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Thu Mar 19 2015 11:39am

Here's my test run:

I stopped in the middle of battle 3 because fighting was becoming tedious. It's certainly possible to progress but enemies tend to take too many hits from my offensive guys before I can move on to the next wave. I may resume/restart later especially if you decide to make a new patch.

Bugs:
- The transparent area around the in-battle stat sheets is replaced by a green layer.
- The Restore Stone has the wrong effect, and it's only useable once which is weird for such an expensive item. I'd benefit more from selling it for armors and such.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force