Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Bookcases

What are the people of Rune reading?

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Re: Bookcases

Postby Nash Vegas » Fri May 09 2014 5:50pm

That's pretty deep Domingo I can agree with what you've said. The stars didn't align for them to kill Dark Dragon initially so they sealed him for a time that it could happen. Why 1,000 years is the question. Why not a year or a month.... Questions we may never know the answer to. Other than to say 1,000 years sounds cool and makes for a better story.
Nash Vegas

Postby DomingoRules! » Sat May 10 2014 5:12am

Well Dark Dragon is the one that said 1,000 years, so perhaps the Ancients did what they could to arrange it so that would happen in their favor, rather than try to prevent it outright. Perhaps afraid that Dark Dragon would eventually free himself on his own, they placed clues that could bring him to being revived of somebody else's power soon as the conditions were met, particularly the two heroes. That way, instead of Dark Dragon breaking the seal himself and running a rampage without rival, he would be revived once the time came that heroes worthy of defeating him appeared, probably intending those heroes to be the ones to revive him.

Of course, as we all know from beating the game, Max doesn't have what it takes to kill Dark Dragon, perhaps because of Kane's absence, so Dark Dragon is instead sealed away, quite possibly with the unknown intent of history repeating itself, hopefully next time for the last time.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby SaCred » Sat May 10 2014 3:55pm

Then it comes Shining Force: Reserection of the Dark Dragon :)
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Caedmonball19 » Mon May 12 2014 3:01pm

Finally got to Pao and added their massive library :)
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby SaCred » Fri May 16 2014 2:13am

Im at the place where you save Bleu ( cant remember name of place ) but here are the bookcases :D

Diary of Bleu's mother - Bleu is such a crybaby. Hes not like the other dragons :D
Diary of Bleu's mother - I found steps in the corner of the room. Bleu made them
History of Dragons Part 1 - Though strong, but we also have weak points....
History of Dragons Part 2 - Our numbers decrease...soon we will be no more....
Dragons' Mission - To protect the manual of the seal from evil
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Caedmonball19 » Mon May 19 2014 2:40pm

Thanks SaCred I updated the first post to include yours plus Pao Part 2, Waral and Uranbatol (which only had one bookcase that a Rune Knight was blocking). This leads me to believe that Uranbatol is illiterate :)

EDIT:
That's all she wrote folks. The list is now complete. Let me know if you find any I missed or errors I made.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby Nash Vegas » Thu May 29 2014 6:12pm

Sorry I didn't help contribute anything to your search, but great job getting these done. I think this thread should be stickied or at least have the information brought over to the Shining Studies part of the website.
Nash Vegas

Postby Caedmonball19 » Fri May 30 2014 10:24pm

No problem Nash I knew I'd finish eventually. Now I am on to Shining Force 2 :) You can help there is you want. As far as the Shining Studies thing that is up to a moderator.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby Nash Vegas » Mon Aug 15 2016 8:40pm

I would like to again suggest Caed's list of books for the Shining Studies page:
http://www.shiningforcecentral.com/?p=studies

They have a link for Shining Force 3. I am guessing Caed got busy and never started SF2.
Nash Vegas

Postby Caedmonball19 » Mon Aug 22 2016 5:11pm

Thanks for the vote for the Shining Studies page :)

And you are incorrect I did start SF2 but then went on hiatus and now am starting again. Enjoy the read. I added the link to my signature.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Previous

Return to Shining Force