Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force Challenge Mode

Not the mod, video series by me

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Re: Shining Force Challenge Mode

Postby Devonathan » Fri Aug 05 2016 9:02am

I have 1 week off in between jobs and I'm going to be spending it bonding with my kid and when she's napping I'll be acting like a lazy bum. Lazy bum time is going to be dedicated to Netflix, YouTube, etc. I'm not sure if you saw my comment on YouTube but I struggle to keep my weight up and I've managed to lose about 15 pounds due to my hard work schedule this summer. I plan on doing, and eating, everything I can to help gain that weight back.

Long story short your videos are perfect for that week I have off and I'm really looking forward to getting caught up.

edit: Finished! What an awesome ending. The triumphant return of Ken was amazing. It makes me want to replay the game again and allow Ken to achieve legendary status like you did. He was the MVP for sure. He was holding his own against Musashi and Zylo despite being underleveled. He probably would have had at least 10 more attack if he were properly leveled.

I was really bummed when you lost Blue and Mae - I hate that RNG took them down. It didn't matter what your strategy was. Blue was on the verge of greatness and Mae had been amazing all game long.

I think I would have subbed Diane for Alef when you got her. It sucks that Alef is so hard to level up though.

btw, I watched every second of the challenge mode. I didn't fast forward through anything. One of my favorite parts about your commentary is hearing you talk about all of your options. I'm really into the strategy component of the game and your challenge mode took the strategy up to 11.

I can't wait to check out SF2.
Devonathan

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Shining Force Challenge Mode

Postby Ansa » Mon Aug 08 2016 1:00am

Devonathan wrote:I have 1 week off in between jobs and I'm going to be spending it bonding with my kid and when she's napping I'll be acting like a lazy bum. Lazy bum time is going to be dedicated to Netflix, YouTube, etc. I'm not sure if you saw my comment on YouTube but I struggle to keep my weight up and I've managed to lose about 15 pounds due to my hard work schedule this summer. I plan on doing, and eating, everything I can to help gain that weight back.

Long story short your videos are perfect for that week I have off and I'm really looking forward to getting caught up.

edit: Finished! What an awesome ending. The triumphant return of Ken was amazing. It makes me want to replay the game again and allow Ken to achieve legendary status like you did. He was the MVP for sure. He was holding his own against Musashi and Zylo despite being underleveled. He probably would have had at least 10 more attack if he were properly leveled.

I was really bummed when you lost Blue and Mae - I hate that RNG took them down. It didn't matter what your strategy was. Blue was on the verge of greatness and Mae had been amazing all game long.

I think I would have subbed Diane for Alef when you got her. It sucks that Alef is so hard to level up though.

btw, I watched every second of the challenge mode. I didn't fast forward through anything. One of my favorite parts about your commentary is hearing you talk about all of your options. I'm really into the strategy component of the game and your challenge mode took the strategy up to 11.

I can't wait to check out SF2.
Really glad you enjoyed it man and I appreciate all the feedback you and everyone else gave. I had hoped my commentry would be interesting enough to fill some of the dead air while not a lot is happening in battles so I'm glad you liked it. You pointing out how well Ken was doing was one of the main reasons I ended up bringing him back, he had done well and gotten really good stats (for Ken anyway) and I was truly surpised to see him hold his own at the end, that was crazy but damn it was fun to see, also he lives when pretty much any direct attack would have killed him and I didn't even keep him in the back that much I was really surpised he lived. I honestly never thought of subbing Diane for Alef I think I just kept hoping she would eventually get like a +5 or +7 attack on one level or something but it just never happened.

Mae's death hurt me because it was exact freaking damage on a double attack with both attacks doing the fire breath, she would have lived otherwise although I got out pretty easily in the end honestly with people still remaining I really never thought I'd end the game with as many people as I did.
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
Ansa

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Previous

Return to Shining Force