12 Man Marathon 3.0.1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12 2017 6:54pm
by monkbarron
3.0.1 HOTFIX;

Characters no longer get stuck at level 10/20. They can go up to 20 then have to promote.

Slight Re-balancing.

Slight Pallet Fixes.

Triple+ Attacks Fixed.

Link to pre-patched ROM; https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aMnVf ... QoOSaVFXz9

If you had 3.0.0, then loading up this ROM with your current save state should work just fine.

Re: Shining Force 1; 12 Man Marathon HACK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15 2017 10:25am
by Noma
Here's a similar hack for those interested. All characters start at level 1, but you cannot play with a party of 12 at first. Still fun, and an alternative until you finish this hack. Nova is also added as a playable character that replaces Jogurt, if I recall correctly. The download link is a mirror on the second page.

https://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16636&hilit=level+1+hack

I look forward to you releasing this though. It will be interesting to have a legitimate marathon man of SF1. I also don't mean to hijack the thread, I just wanted people to know something similar exists if they're looking until you finish this.

Re: -EARLY RELEASE- SF1; 12 Man Marathon!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30 2017 9:51pm
by monkbarron
-Burp- I ate this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03 2018 10:59am
by TheInsidious199
Good mod, would be great if I could play it properly instead of solo max. when I patch the game it crashes after shell/shella appears on screen and says she's tired.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06 2018 1:17am
by Hobbit Gamer
Hello i am very excited to play this mod but cant get it to work. i downloaded the ips patch and applied it to an unmodified Shining Force (U) [!].bin and started a new game talked to the king and when i go to get my party where luke, lowe, hans, ken, and tao joins, it then promts all the other charecters to join and then after they all join including nova one of the mermaids says "training tires me out" and the game crashes, what am i doing wrong any feedback would be appreciated

Re: FULL RELEASE - Shining Force 1; 12 Man Marathon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18 2018 11:18pm
by monkbarron
-Burp- I ate this one too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22 2018 2:39am
by ShininGeek
Monk- as I said before on your shining horse page, you CANNOT directly link a ROM, or go through a chain of links to get one. Link a .ips patch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22 2018 2:47am
by monkbarron
Whoops - I forgot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22 2018 2:49am
by ShininGeek
I understand forgetfulness, but this is a legal issue. By linking copyrighted material, you violate the copyright and the site is then at risk. Please be careful in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22 2018 2:50am
by monkbarron
-BUUURP!- And this one as well

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22 2018 3:10am
by Flygon
Heck, I'm going to ask the dumb question.

Considering the Steam Workshop uses the raw .bins anyway, which essentially means SEGA is endorsing distributing the raw .bin files anyway?...

I dunno. Whilst I understand the caution regarding this, when even SEGA is asking people to distribute hacks using the full ROM files, rather than patch files?

Don't s'pose there's ever been consideration for a change in policy around here? It's already well known that other Mega Drive-related hacking communities already distribute the raw binaries for most projects.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22 2018 3:13am
by monkbarron
-Buuuuurp- This was dessert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22 2018 5:05am
by Hobbit Gamer
thank you for reply'n and helping me out, it is much appreciated

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07 2018 4:59am
by Antman 537
Hmm... someone should set up a marathon team game :excited:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24 2018 11:09am
by stefanos2k10
definitely gonna give this a whirl does it work all way to end?

PostPosted: Mon May 28 2018 4:10pm
by monkbarron
PRetty sure.

PostPosted: Wed May 30 2018 10:37pm
by Runesamurai
I believe it is time to update the first post.

EDIT: Holy Crap! This sounds amazing!

Re: (Continuing) Shining Force 1; 12 Man Marathon 2.0

PostPosted: Thu May 31 2018 8:33am
by stefanos2k10
holy smokes if you get that rolling im im love

Re: Shining Force 1; 12 Man Marathon 2.5 Final

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02 2018 4:52am
by Runesamurai
monkbarron wrote:(Megalodon and Zeon were removed from battles as they soft-locked the game)

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...And what do you mean soft-locked?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02 2018 5:02am
by monkbarron
They froze the game when attacking. This is due to their over-sized sprites. The only reason Dark Dragon works is because of special code.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03 2018 12:02am
by Runesamurai
The way you made Oddeye is just so perfect. All he needs is a small tweak to his attack animation and the proper coloration for his portrait and battle sprite. :) And a sword that looks like this one:
http://sfmods.com/attachments/arm-gif.897/

So we can see his proper animation:
http://sfmods.com/attachments/2a-gif.1139/
http://sfmods.com/attachments/4a-gif.1141/

Oh and his laser attack:
http://sfmods.com/attachments/6-gif.1038/
http://sfmods.com/attachments/6a-gif.1143/

Re: 12 Man Marathon 3.0.1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13 2018 1:38am
by Jonesy_Pants
I've been loving all of the sf2 mods - roulette 12MM etc. but just getting bored of the same battles.

Will give this a spin and hope that the random level ups will make things even more interesting. Is it like the other mods where you dont have to do the walking between battles?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14 2018 10:10pm
by Runesamurai
Jonesy_Pants wrote:I've been loving all of the sf2 mods - roulette 12MM etc. but just getting bored of the same battles.

Will give this a spin and hope that the random level ups will make things even more interesting. Is it like the other mods where you dont have to do the walking between battles?

It's not. But that way we get to have the full game experience.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16 2018 8:30am
by Jonesy_Pants
thanks for the quick reply, having played through that many times i actually prefer the no walking mode.

PostPosted: Fri May 17 2019 8:42pm
by LordNeptune
I am trying to find a 12 man marathon for shining force 1. I have one for #2 can anyonce help? Thanks