Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force; Time Twisted Absolute Final Edition

Final Edition Released at long last!

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Shining Force; Time Twisted Absolute Final Edition

Postby monkbarron » Fri Jun 15 2018 9:53pm

This one is for all the marbles boys!

The grand final version of Shining Force; Time Twisted in all of it's glory is here at last!

I want to say it now; I am done with this hack as I have spent so much time pulling it together for everyone. So if you find any bugs, there is no need to point them out, as I have went through the game TWICE in this version and managed to crush all game-breaking bugs.

Eventually there will be a novelized book thingy to go alongside the hack to tie up some lose ends.

So here you go, the final version of the IPS patch; https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U8PO- ... JBw_48x5wg
Last edited by monkbarron on Thu Jun 21 2018 8:26am, edited 8 times in total.
:sleep: Z Will Always Dominate Any SF TAS :sleep:
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Shining Force; Time Twisted (MEGA HACK)

Postby Sniper Lyle » Fri Jun 15 2018 10:07pm

Always great to see a new hack pop up, think I'll keep everything a surprise for this one.

I don't think you are supposed to link to roms in any circumstance, though.
Sniper Lyle

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Red_Shine » Fri Jun 15 2018 10:57pm

Sniper Lyle is right. You should use something like LIPS to make a patch out of the ROM and then post that.
Red_Shine

Postby monkbarron » Sat Jun 16 2018 12:46am

EDIT; There.
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Red_Shine » Sat Jun 16 2018 2:49am

I really like it when hacks make villains playable, so I'll be sure go give this a shot! :thumbsup:
Edit: It seems I don't have permission to download the file according to GDrive. Maybe the folder is set to private?
Red_Shine

Postby Runesamurai » Sat Jun 16 2018 2:56am

Why do you have it locked behind something like that? Some people might prefer not to have to make a google account or give out their email just to download it. Or feel like they need someone's permission for that matter. Myself included. It's not that I don't trust you. I just think you should use the uploading method the other mod authors on here have been using.
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby monkbarron » Sat Jun 16 2018 7:21am

Frick, sorry, I've fixed it!
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Runesamurai » Sat Jun 16 2018 10:22pm

Monk, Are you serious? I didn't even know you were doing this for me...As for pointing out the bugs, I was only trying to help. And as for the suggestions, There's a difference between suggestions and requests. I was only trying to help give you ideas to make your mod better so more people would like it. I even stood up for you when Tyadran was being hard on you when you were stressed. And this is the thanks I get?

Just for clarification to everyone reading this, Monk and I got into an argument on Discord and now he's blaming his stress over his 12 MM Mod on me when I didn't even know it was my fault...That is my reason for this message. Had to send it here because he blocked me.
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lobo » Sun Jun 17 2018 12:24am

You two guys are really good fellows who can give (and do!) a great deal to this community!
So, take it easy for a while and keep cool! :thumbsup: ;)
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Red_Shine » Sun Jun 17 2018 1:20am

I agree with Lobo. The SFC community is small but tightly knit, so I hope you guys can settle your differences without damaging the friendship you guys have.

Edit: I took a gander at the additions and I was throroughly impressed by Balbazak's sprite work in battle, but I felt Kiwi and Oddeye have very strange palettes (maybe because of SF1's limits?). Also the first frame of Luke's battle anim is lacking outlines, which gives him a ghostly appearance.

Kane's sprite is masterful, and I really like it. If I can suggest something, it would be replacing Elis or Sonic (which I feel are completely out of place, personally) by a playable general Eliott. Keep up the good work.
Red_Shine

Postby monkbarron » Sun Jun 17 2018 2:29am

@Red_Shine Thank you for the feedback! I have another fix coming out tomorrow and Odd Eye's promoted frames will be fixed, his unpromoted one's and Kiwi's, however, will be some time.
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Runesamurai » Sun Jun 17 2018 2:47am

monkbarron wrote:@Red_Shine Thank you for the feedback! I have another fix coming out tomorrow and Odd Eye's promoted frames will be fixed, his unpromoted one's and Kiwi's, however, will be some time.

What I did was literally no different at all than what he did and you treated me like crap for it...If you didn't wanna add the characters I suggested you didn't have to. You shouldn't have bothered if it was causing you so much stress. You could've just told me and I would've understood. But the damage has already been done. You've already hurt my feelings.

How come I'm not allowed to give feedback but others are? I point out bugs I find in mods to help the authors. It's to HELP them. And I've played Shining Force so many times now that I notice these kinds of things. I can't help it. At this point you're just looking for excuses to find fault with me. I guess once other people start pointing out bugs for months to come you'll wish you had listened to me. This mod would've been complete a lot sooner if you had just let me give feedback sooner.

And as for the suggestions, Again, They were only SUGGESTIONS. Do you not understand the difference between requesting and suggesting? Adding those characters was YOUR choice. You didn't have to. You chose to on your own. You're blaming me for what you did to yourself. And considering other people agreed with my suggestions I think I deserve a thank you for helping make your mod better. But have it your way. I'm not going to try to help you anymore.
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby monkbarron » Sun Jun 17 2018 6:34pm

BECAUSE HE WASN'T INSTANTLY DOING IT EVERY TIME I WAS ONLINE

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to keep this to the topic on hand.

I've got a hotfix coming out in a bit fixing mostly everyone's problems, but sadly, not mine.
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Runesamurai » Sun Jun 17 2018 7:56pm

monkbarron wrote:BECAUSE HE WASN'T INSTANTLY DOING IT EVERY TIME I WAS ONLINE

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to keep this to the topic on hand.

I've got a hotfix coming out in a bit fixing mostly everyone's problems, but sadly, not mine.

Pretty sure you weren't always online when I did. And sometimes those suggestions were for just any mod authors and you just assumed they were targeted at you.

I had no idea I was the cause of your stress over 12 MM this whole time...Why didn't you just tell me?
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Shining Force; Time Twisted (MEGA HACK) 1.2.1

Postby Red_Shine » Mon Jun 18 2018 11:22pm

I took a look at the newest hotfix and the problematic palettes are now fixed, so good work, Monkbarron. I don't know if you intend to change promoted Oddeye's attack animation (in my opinion it looks a little strange) but of course you are free to decide. I'll give you gameplay feedback also from my next post onward, since I'm sure you don't want just artistic evaluations, haha.
Red_Shine

Postby monkbarron » Mon Jun 18 2018 11:59pm

Thanks for the feed back friend! Promoted Odd Eye's attack is... interesting to say the least. There's supposed to be a new editor version soon that will allow me to do something great, and when it drops, I'll get right on to seeing what I can do!
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Red_Shine » Tue Jun 19 2018 12:06am

I see I see. Let's hope this great editor allows for even more great things soon.
I'm now on battle 1 and I found very interesting that you inserted some enemies (they remind me of giant tarantulas from Phantasy Star 1... gave me creeps as a kid), and also that I can now take whoever I want from the get go (always wanted to develop Mae and Earnest early, never cared for any other centaur in SF1)

I've not run into any serious snags as of yet, but some of the character names glitch the info box slightly, with the level number running over the boundary. Far from gamebreaking though.

Edit: Does the extensive addition of characters break the normal saving routine in the game in some way? I ask because the game seems to be unable write to SRAM correctly (in other words, church saves do nothing, even though the priest goes through his usual spiel).
Red_Shine

Postby monkbarron » Tue Jun 19 2018 6:53am

Saves don't work anymore, so just use Save States.

As for the character names, if you haven't noticed, early game names were set to a small amount of letters because the HP bars were small and didn't extend the box far enough. (In other words, once you get past 20 HP, the Name overlapping thing should fix itself)

I might work on another bug fix in some time.
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Runesamurai » Tue Jun 19 2018 9:06am

I have to second Red_Shine's suggestion. Elliott deserves a slot. Though they do feel out of place, Elis's battle sprite is so beautiful that I would hate to see it go. And Sonic is really cool in the game too. Especially after promotion.
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby monkbarron » Tue Jun 19 2018 9:19am

Guys, I'm sorry, but Elliot will never join. I know that it sucks but I'd just rather him not, okay?
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Next

Return to Shining Force