Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

A wish

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

A wish

Postby DVthemaster » Mon Sep 09 2019 2:56am

I know this may sound somewhat petty but I really wish I was an OG of this forum. I love SFC and I genuinely would've loved to see it grow and be there from the beginning. It's not like I haven't been into the Shining series for years, I have, but I just never really thought there would be a big forum for it. And that the forum would be so nice! I do have one question for any OGs of the forum, what was it like in the past and what are some cool things that have happened here in the past? Just wanted to say, I love all you guys on the forum you're all great. Thank you guys. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
DVthemaster

Re: A wish

Postby Perpoose » Sat Sep 14 2019 7:40pm

I remember joining in the early 2000s. I played Shining Force a lot as a kid, but then re-discovered it in the early 2000s because of emulation. That's when I found this site. I wouldn't say I'm an OG, but I remember feeling very nostalgic about the series. I can't believe ~15 years later, and I have come back lol. (I'm currently playing SF3 for the first time.)

I do remember that in the 2000s, it was more active. Moogie was around more and people were really getting into tinkering the emulation software to create new mods of the games we loved about 10 years before. I guess I was here more as a spectator (looking through walkthroughs, etc.) and didn't post that much, but I remember visiting the forums often in between university classes on the library computers (no smartphone back then lol).
Perpoose

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DVthemaster » Sun Sep 15 2019 3:00am

@Perpoose That's great, honestly would've love to be there when the forum was booming. And of also loved to see Moogie more, I guess now he's more of a figure head now then just a forum creator. Thanks tho
DVthemaster

Postby DomingoRules! » Mon Sep 16 2019 10:04pm

The thing I feel like I would've liked most about being around back then myself is that I imagine people had a lot more to talk about. Especially by this point, I feel as though everything has already been said, so most of the discussions involve things like mods, which I'm not interested in at all. I imagine in the early days, when the fans first started coming together, stories that were shared probably had a lot more to do with the core games themselves, whereas nowadays I feel like 95% of discussions regarding the games are either about mods, or the SF3 translation.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force