Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Team Shining force #?

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Re: Team Shining force #?

Postby Lobo » Mon Oct 28 2019 12:01pm

Tao went back in for Lowe. Balbaroy was killed by a Belial and the rest of the battle went smooth.

(I'll better the text as soon as I can.)

lvl7: Domingo, Zylo, Tao, Anri
lvl6: Max (98xp), Mae, Pelle, Gort, Balbaroy(defeated)
lvl5: Guntz, Khris
lvl4: Diane
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby ehow22 » Tue Oct 29 2019 4:49pm

Yay it's finally about to be my turn again lol
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Antman 537 » Wed Oct 30 2019 1:20am

I figured before I went to beat up Mishaela, I should probably resurrect Balbaroy. :shifty: And he was a pain to find! But that finally done, it was time to storm Mishaela's castle!

Fun fact: Mishaela was always my favorite villain from sf1. I don't know why that made me decide to be the one to beat her up. :shifty:

Things were going pretty swell up to the point that she double-attacked bowie and killed him. :eyebrow: I thought she was supposed to be a powerful wizardess, Nova! You didn't tell me she also had a left hook like a world heavyweight champion! :damnit: I'll try this again in a bit.

EDIT: So, I tried this again, this time surrounding and pounding Mishaela; but man, she just keeps healing. After she wiped out a half of the force and healed back to 44hp from 28, I reloaded again. Clearly we need a different strategy. I swapped Diane out for Lowe, and bought healing seeds for everyone; with extra for the spellcasters, so they would have something to do after they ran out of mp.

Back to the battle! Mishaela runs to the back once more and leaves her minions to soften us up. The tricky part this time will be pushing through the enemy formation without using my spellcasters; I anticipate needing every ounce of magic for the magical duel at the end. Gort gets muddled (the first time muddle has actually stuck :damnit: ) so I used Max's antidote to try and remove it. But it didn't work. :( Still, the gargoyls do no damage so they went down without a hitch.

To the bowriders! Zylo gets shot by two of them, leaving him at only 7hp. Luckily the last one can't reach him, so he gets away. Meanwhile Mae and Pelle oneshot each of the bowriders (and everyone else misses :eyebrow: ) Mae lvls to 7!

Bowriders down, it's time to assemble our lancers for a daring cavalry charge on the mages. Used one of Zylo's healing seeds on Pelle, who also took a bowrider shot. Balbaroy flanks arround and assassinates the priest, lvling to 7, and the charge is off! Pelle and Max lvl to 7 oneshotting a mage each. Balbaroy gets hit with a freeze, then with a stick, and knocked out, so Mae is forced to rush over and use her healing seed on him. To make matters worse, his position attracted the attention of the belials; one comes down and bolts Khris and Guntz! A spectacular series of misses allows the last mage to live long enough to get off another freeze on Mae, Gort, and Max. :damnit: But finally, all the enemies are cleared save one Belial, who elected to hang out with Mishaela. Used one of Anri's and one of Domingo's healing seeds on Max and Gort.

Lowe and Khris ran around topping everyone off as the force moved forward for the next stage of the battle. Gort managed to miss finishing off an enemy again, so Balbaroy killed the last Belial. Then it was time to attack the Dulahans! I learned from the last battle that Mishaela can't be bothered to save her allies unless there's someone standing directly in bolt range, so I sent the cavalry to hit them from a distance again! Pelle lvls to 8! But then the 2nd Dulahan cuts off the ladder, trapping the brave centaur alone with his foe! Balbaroy flies in to assist him, and lvls to 8 as well! Max gets crit and has to pull back, so Gort steps in, finally hits something, and lvls to 7! Guntz finishes it off and lvls to 6!

And so, Mishaela remained alone, with all my spellcasters at full mp. It was time for a magical duel! :excited:
While Max got healed back up, the force started moving into position. Domingo leads the charge, coming in from the right and behind! Pelle, Mae, and Guntz take up positions to the left, right, and center to hurl spears; while Tao fires off a blaze 3 from the left side and Gort strides directly up to the enemy! Domingo takes a solo bolt2, and pulls back to use a healing seed. Anri steps up to take his place, while Balbaroy attacks from directly behind! Gort and Balbaroy take the next bolt-shot, so Gort swaps out with Zylo. Mae hits Mishaela for 1 :blush: , bringing her down to 10hp! Anri and domingo finish her off with ice magic; Domingo lvls to 8!

Man, just imagine what would have happened if she'd decided to fight us with her army. ;)

Battle done! No deaths... on the 3rd run. :blush: In hindsight, I probably could have left Diane in for even more ranged dmg, but I wanted to be sure I'd have enough healing to power through the battle with no mages. I didn't open any of the chests and there's like, 6; so don't forget those. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby ehow22 » Thu Oct 31 2019 6:06am

Would've been nice if chests were open but ok. Recruited Musashi, gave his Katana to Balbaroy just because. Put Diane back in for Lowe and gave Power Ring to Zylo. Zylo ended up getting a decent level up so you can probably take the ring from him if you want.

No issue with the battle. Kind of rushed it so the slower units didn't see much action. No deaths.

Levels:

10: Balbaroy
9: Domingo
8: Max(Got +6 Defense btw), Pelle, Gort, Zylo
7: Mae, Anri, Tao, and Guntz
5: Diane and Khris
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Antman 537 » Fri Nov 01 2019 12:00am

Are you not able to open them after battle? I can never remember how that works. :shifty:

Onward, to the tower of doom!
On the way up, found a devil lance, and gave it to Pelle (but didn't equip it). Also found a turbo pepper!

Then I found an enemy army! They were pretty disorganized, so I tried to rush their position before they could form up. Zylo used a healing drop to patch Balbaroy up when a Jet engaged him. Domingo used another healing seed on himself. The ice worm blocking the passage north hits Mae twice, so she hits him twice back, and lvls to 8!

But by now, The jets have begun to organize. Two attack Pelle, who's taken the lead while Mae gets healed. The force is still choked at the stairs, so no one else can quite reach him, and he's forced to use a healing seed himself, to shield Tao from the front line while she blasts away. At last, Max catches up, finishes a jet off, and lvls to 9! The 2nd jet had 1hp, so I fed it to Diane. Then the front line mopped up a straggling ice worm while Khis healed everyone up. Tao lvled to 8 torching a torch eye from over the wall! Diane lvls to 6 doing the same thing to a conveniently in range steel claw!

Next came a running skirmish down the 2nd lvl courtyard, where Pelle lvled to 9! Khris finally healed enough to lvl to 6, and learned heal 3! Diane hung back until the steel claw died, then rushed to catch up. Balbaroy crit and one-shot the torch eye overlooking the western courtyard, and lvled to 11! Zylo double-attacks the steel claw guarding the stairs and lvls to 9!

Since the enemies at the top of the stairs were already entrenched, it seemed like a good time to wait for the slower force members to catch up. This, as it turned out, did not pay off. The steel claw eventually decided to run down the stairs and shoot Bowie, forcing him to withdraw. Then, the torch eye ran down the stairs and one-shot Tao. :damnit: Domingo lvled to 10 exacting grim revenge. The Ice worm was nice enough to stay put, so Guntz did finally get in on the action. Guntz used his last healing seed.

Next came a game of try to lure out the Wyverns. They took the bait, but man could people not hit them. Balbaroy finally managed to finish the last one off and lvl to 12. I swear I'm not favoring him; everyone else just keeps missing! :( Anri, now out of mana, used her healing seed on Max; and Khris used the last of her mp to top him off. Domingo used his last healing seed on Balbaroy, who was looking a little beat up.

While moving into position to attack the Demon Master, Pelle finds the Valkyrie! It's decided that Gort, Mae, and Diane should lead the charge up the stairs. Mae and Diane arrive first; taking a freeze 2 but bringing the Demon Master down to 4hp! Gort finishes him off, but doesn't lvl. :(

Battle done; Tao needs raising.
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby ehow22 » Fri Nov 01 2019 3:19am

I did. You don't progress unless you open the Sword of Light chest near Mishaela's throne.

Forgot that you couldn't open it if there was a character standing there. Had to leave castle and come back :lol:
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Sarah MMNK99 » Fri Nov 01 2019 1:32pm

Antman 537 wrote:Are you not able to open them after battle? I can never remember how that works. :shifty:

Some can be opened after the battle and some can’t. I’m not sure there is any real reason for it either, so it’s better to not risk it and open them during battle. For example if you didn’t get the Valkyrie in the last battle, the chest would be empty after the battle, and we would permanently miss out on the beat spear in the game.
Sarah MMNK99

Postby Antman 537 » Fri Nov 01 2019 3:51pm

Lucky us then ;)
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby ehow22 » Fri Nov 01 2019 5:57pm

Forgot about that bug with the Valkyrie.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Lobo » Fri Nov 01 2019 7:48pm

Max went inside to find Alef and Torasu then to the top of the tower to find Darksol and to watch Kane die.

Back in Prompt, he went to the church to get Tao back, then to the shop to make some deals, then to HQ to talk to Nova. They agreed to put Musashi in for Balbaroy, as the bird was too overleveled.

Then, Max went to the throne room, where he chatted with King Kusuko and Otrant, before leaving to Metapha.

In Metapha, Max talked to the spirit of the pool once again and met Adam. As the robot was taking Max to forge a new sword, another robot appeared to engage them.

The battle was fierce, with lots of enemies using spells and special attacks. Domingo got busted in the begining. Gort was fried by a Torch Eye. Another Torch Eye got Pelle for good. The rest of the force eventually made to the end of the battle, when the reprogrammed robot Chaos was brought down to pieces.

End of the battle!

Lv12: Balbaroy(in HQ w/ doom blade)
Lv11: Max(wielding two swords), Zylo, Musashi(got his katana back)
Lv10: Mae(the Valkyrie), Pelle(down), Tao(learnt Blaze4), Domingo(down)
Lv 9: Gort(down), Guntz(cursed armadillo), Anri(learnt Bolt)
Lv 8: Diane
Lv 7: Khris(broke the ring)
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Sarah MMNK99 » Fri Nov 01 2019 11:33pm

Pre-Battle

Max uses the sword of Light and the sword of Darkness on the Pedestals. The 2 combine and form the Chaos Breaker. The fairy at the fountain tells Max to use it to stop Dark Sol.

The king gives a little back story on the cities of Runefaust and Guardiana. Which I'm not really sure is relevant, but Otrant points us towards Runefaust.

Battle 25

This is a miserable battle. It's a lot of thick forest and movement is super limited movement. After taking out the first 2 mages, I grouped everyone together to try and heal with the white ring, and it disintegrated. So I reset. I had kind of stumbled on to the battle before I was prepared anyway. I went and revived Pelle, Domingo, and Gort, and repaired the White Ring. I also swapped out Musashi for Balbaroy, since he's useless in this battle anyway, and I put Lowe back in for Tao, so I don't have to rely so much on the White Ring.

This battle was a whole of Zylo, Guntz, Domingo, and Balbaroy. Most of the characters ending up doing nothing. After taking out the first Mages, I slowly brought the rest of the party into a huge group to use Aura. Doing this slowly drew in the Minotaurs, and Cerberuses, but the Knights stayed where they were. Once they were dead, and the party fully healed, I advanced and took out the rest of the enemies.

Max 12
Balbaroy 13
Domingo 12
Lowe 3
Khris 8
Gort 10
Zylo 12
Guntz 11
Mae 10
Diane 9
Anri 9
Pelle 10
Sarah MMNK99

Postby Lobo » Sat Nov 02 2019 12:56am

Runefaust at last!
We are getting there!
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby ehow22 » Mon Nov 04 2019 11:26pm

Battle finished. No deaths. Khris managed to learn Aura. Was tempted to give Balbaroy the Chaos Breaker because reasons but let Max keep it for now.

Sorry for delay, worked all weekend.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Antman 537 » Thu Nov 07 2019 5:53am

Looks like it's my last battle, so let's end this with one more flawless victory! :excited:

It's straight into battle this time, as Ramaldu ambushes us with robots! Tao pulls back to wait for the enemy forces to gather to gether more, while Zylo and Mae lead the charge! A steel claw attacks Khris before she can move, but does only one damage! Did these guys get weaker, or is Khris just a beast? :eyebrow: Diane lvled to 11 killing it off! At last the majority of the enemy go, and our front line gets hit pretty hard. Zylo is nearly surrrounded, but Khris heals him from afar. Gort lvls to 11 killing a torch eye!
Screenshot 2019-11-06 18.52.24.png

By this point it was clear the torch eyes were the greatest danger; so Pelle charged the last one that hadn't moved, and lvled to 12! Tao took an opportunity to use a healing seed on Guntz. Max one-shot a steel claw and lvled to 15! Unfortunately, Pelle's torch eye moved again before he did; so he died. :( Anril lved to 11 killing off two steel claws! Zylo lvls to 14, and Mae to 12 killing the last steel claw!

Now it was time to heal up and take on Ramaldu. Mae, Anri, and Zylo used their last healing seeds. Then it was time to charge! Guntz attacks first, misses, then gets legit one-shot by Ramaldu. Blast that's nasty. :damnit: Luckily, that was the only attack he got. Balbary lands the last hit (because of course he does) and lvls to 14!

Battle complete. Alas, no cookie for Antman. :(
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby ehow22 » Sat Nov 09 2019 1:46am

Battle completed, no deaths. Although those Chimeras dodging everything was not exactly fun. Caused a fissure to appear in Gort's Atlas Axe but you can repair it if you want. Anri learned Freeze 4 while Khris obtained Heal 4. Was concerned about the final colossus head due to the Bolt spell and I pretty much surrounded it. Gort came through with a double attack at the end though.

Oh yeah, Max has the Kaku-Chan because I wanted at least one collectible.
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Lobo » Sat Nov 09 2019 7:38pm

Just picked the savestate, bought Diane a Buster Shot, used all boost items, rearranged the items and filled every empty spot with Healing Seeds.
Everybody ready to take on Darksol!

EDIT1:
As the battle begun, Max divided the troops in three groups. Guntz, Domingo and Diane were sent to the west. Mae, Pelle, Zylo and Balbaroy went to the east. While him, Tao, Anri, Gort and Khris mounted a central assault.

Blaze4 and Freeze4 made quick work of the Torch Eyes that hoped to ambush the party. The enemies on the side routes were also no match to the Shining Force.

All got safe and sound to the stairs that led to the plateau where Darksol and his personal troops were waiting.

EDIT2:
Max used the Chaos Breaker to freeze Darksol and his three companions. Mae, Zylo and Guntz finished them off. Now only Darksol remained. Tao cast Blaze4 on him, before the enemy could use his Demon Breath to hit Mae and Zylo. Both survived and the whole force surrounded the foe and brought him down for good.

End of Battle!

Lv18: Max
Lv16: Domingo, Balbaroy
Lv15: Mae, Tao, Zylo
Lv14: Guntz
Lv13: Pelle, Gort, Anri
Lv12: Khris, Diane
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby ehow22 » Sun Nov 10 2019 6:36pm

New Post!

Final battle incoming lol
ehow22

Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Postby Sarah MMNK99 » Mon Nov 11 2019 2:39am

Dark Sol is defeated, but with the last ounce of his strength he summons the Dark Dragon, and offers himself up as a host to revive it.

Battle 30

Interesting groupings to start off. All three mages, along with Khris started off on the right side. Tao moved forward, and was able to kill off the skeleton with a single Blaze, but no one over there could move far enough over to block the regenerating spot, so I had to do it twice. On the left side I moved Pelle and Guntz forward to kill the Skeleton and block the spot. With both spots blocked, my plan was to attack the center head first because I figured I could move my entire party to the center of the map quickly, but this was a bit of a miscalculation. I thought the characters standing on the regen blocks were safe, but they aren't. So I had to back off of that spot, and dedicate a few characters to killing off the skeletons anyway. Plus the center head has more health, and it's the most dangerous.

I didn't split the party though. I had the entire party go all out on head at a time, while Khris used the white ring to heal any group damage. It was a bit risk, but the ring never cracked, so it paid off. Anri was shredding them with freeze 4 consistently doing 40-50 damage. But I saved the final hit for hit, to get the special attack.

Ending

The dark dragon is defeated, but not dead yet. Nova says that only Max can seal him away. He tells him to take the Chaos Breaker and stab the Dark Dragon with it. Max does it, but it causes the castle to start to crumble. They need to escape, but max cannot move. Nova urges him to break free, and says that they won't leave without him. Max casts egress to save to the party, but when they appear on shore, Max is not with them. Nova theorizes that maybe a great warrior is needed to watch over the seal. The party seems optimistic, unless the castle sinks into the ocean. Mae seems especially upset, I guess she was a love interest, but they didn't do much to develop it until now.

The ending narration tells us that rune was rebuilt, and Anri inherited the throne, but evil is still out there somewhere.....
Sarah MMNK99

Postby Lobo » Mon Nov 11 2019 3:22pm

The job has been done! Great! :thumbsup:
Congratulations to all of us! :)
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Antman 537 » Mon Nov 11 2019 7:22pm

Indeed, good work! :thumbsup:

Well, what did you guys think of the team game? Anything you'd like to see different in future ones?
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force