Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Interesting Observations!

Funny and or Strange Also!

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Re: Interesting Observations!

Postby Dark Link » Tue Mar 17 2009 7:43am

Skunky @ Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:04 pm) wrote: Sounds like the logic of someone in a steam suit, not a giant rock dude.

My thoughts exactly, though that is probably the most logical answer. Or perhaps he was playing "Pin the Arm on the Golem", only instead of a party, Moun was clobbered by devils.
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
Dark Link

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Flygon » Tue Mar 17 2009 10:32am

Skunky @ Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:04 am) wrote: Sounds like the logic of someone in a steam suit, not a giant rock dude. haha by the way are you someone new, I don't recognise your name, or are you an old member under a new name?

I come from everywhere on the internet. But yes, I am new here.

The reason I used the circuit logic is simply because... it was the ONLY reason I could think of. ;)
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)
Flygon: Oh, now look what you did
Destructiox: ;_;
Flygon: Wiz actually got in the chopper
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)
Flygon: Oh, now look what you did
Destructiox: ;_;
Flygon: Wiz actually got in the chopper
Flygon

Powered by Jets
Shining Hero

Postby Hirsute » Tue Mar 17 2009 3:18pm

Dark Link @ Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:56 pm) wrote: Why is it that Claude cannot move just because his arm is missing? I'd understand a leg or something, but his arm would just be inconvenient.

The way I figure it, Golems aren't actually alive, they are just enchanted rocks. So I suppose the magic only works when all the enchanted pieces of rock are together as intended. That doesn't really explain why the arm could still move or why Claude could still talk, but i guess you could just say the magic is a bit unpredictable.
"...the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes

Aldur wrote:Oh my god Hirsute, you're a sadistic bastard.

Hirsute's Shining Force 2 Mod
Every battle redesigned. Characters rebalanced. Fun increased. Try it now!
"...the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

Hirsute

Emperor of Canada
Shining Legend

Postby Stordarth » Tue Mar 17 2009 6:01pm

Skunky @ Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:02 am) wrote: Alright, anybody got some funny or strange, or interesting observations?

I have noticed, all the characters on the Force, all the Devils practically, the Kings, the Princess, Astral, etcetera, all have portraits, but the Minister, who is in the game throughout, has no portrait, first or last name, family, friends, home, backstory or hair.

Also, in New Granseal, we noticed every cabin was built after a 1 year period, and the entire town is finished except for a building on the lower right hand corner of town. But the Priest in town has nothing but an altar and a rug, and he says "
I wish I had a roof" or something if you talk to him from the side instead of from the front. Why does everybody get a building but the Priest?

Edit: Also, it may sound stupid but I think I may have just discovered a secret in this game that I have never heard of before.

In Ribble, when you gain the Mayor's trust initially, then go to the item/weapon shop.

Walk into the store all the way on the left side of the double door, then when you run into the bar, turn back the way you came. When you can only see Bowie's hair above the doorframe, click C on Genesis or 2 on Wii, it will give you an unusual message. (keep in mind, normally when you click C or 2, it brings up the 4 menu boxes, unless there is something hidden there, then it searches automatically, as in the case of hidden Mithril.

Well, this says "BOWIE investigated." then you click the button and it says "Nothing interesting there." and it works on both sides of the door (meaning left or right side) as you leave. Can anybody explain this? Or have seen it documented somewhere?

Edit 2: It also works in Historian Paseran's house at the same area as in the shop.

1. I believe the minister wasn't given a portrait because he is not unique. there is at least one other npc that uses the minister's sprite, in Hassan.

2. Buildings must have been done in a set order. I guess they had a dim view on religion with volcanon abandoning them >.> Seriously though, logically they would have focused on living accommodation first. The priest had a home he could go to. he just liked to stand outside and moan. XD

3.I found the door search thing too. And i know why that happens. When you first encounter Ribble, and you go around town, all of the doors except the mayor's. When you search these doors, the game gives you the search message that they are locked. Once you attain the mayor's trust, rather than use a separate map for ribble, they just changed a variable to alter the town's state. included in this were the searchable doors. they couldn't simply erase the event, so they gave it the alternate search state of "nothing was there" to replace "door is locked" message.

This should occur on all doors in Ribble except the mayor's.

EDIT:

Balbazak, to account for your spoiler, I am fairly (90%ish) certain that someone at that point in the game, when spoken to tells you that Bedoe and Pacalon helped rebuild Old Granseal once arc valley had closed.

EDIT 2:

The golem point is interesting. i always figured that, with golems being magical constructs given sentience, that their bodies were powered by arcane energies. With the arm missing, the "circuit" (as flygon put it) of arcane power is broken, rendering him immobile.

of course, it could also just be that he cant pull his own mass without his arm... an odd concept though since his sprite clearly has legs... :confused:

Code: Select all
Dice Codes
Attack/Marked Target: /roll 8d100
Damage Variance (Rebels): /roll d26 [Everyone.]
Damage Variance (Emissaries): /roll d24 [Assassins with Katana], /roll d21 [MXC, TUM with Blade], /roll d26 [Any other case.]
Magic: /roll d26
Status Effects: /roll d100
Level-Ups (No MP): /roll 4d11
Level-Ups (Has MP): /roll 5d11

---
SFCW-A: Durandar
Sunken Castle: Fintan Kahn

Code: Select all
Dice Codes
Attack/Marked Target: /roll 8d100
Damage Variance (Rebels): /roll d26 [Everyone.]
Damage Variance (Emissaries): /roll d24 [Assassins with Katana], /roll d21 [MXC, TUM with Blade], /roll d26 [Any other case.]
Magic: /roll d26
Status Effects: /roll d100
Level-Ups (No MP): /roll 4d11
Level-Ups (Has MP): /roll 5d11

---
SFCW-A: Durandar
Sunken Castle: Fintan Kahn
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby Martin III » Tue Mar 17 2009 11:44pm

Hirsute @ Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:18 pm) wrote: The way I figure it, Golems aren't actually alive, they are just enchanted rocks. So I suppose the magic only works when all the enchanted pieces of rock are together as intended. That doesn't really explain why the arm could still move or why Claude could still talk, but i guess you could just say the magic is a bit unpredictable.

Maybe the magic which allows him to move can't reside in more than a single body at a time? So when Claude and his arm were separated, that magic ended up solely in his arm.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby DomingoRules! » Tue Mar 17 2009 11:55pm

Maybe he can't move without his arm because making him like that would cause lots of fun discussion and debate about it.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Hirsute » Tue Mar 17 2009 11:58pm

I think I've got it!

Claude had his arm removed in an accident. Since he's magical, his arm was still able to move on its own.
The arm then went missing.
Claude became very depressed. People can get very depressed due to amputations. How would you react to losing an arm?
In his depressed state, Claude wandered off. He eventually settled in a place where he felt at home - underground surrounded by ancient rocks, like himself.
He would probably have stayed there feeling sorry for himself forever if Bowie hadn't come along and stuck his arm back on.

So, in conclusion, Claude was suffering from severe depression brought on by accidental amputation.

Hirsute

Emperor of Canada
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Link » Wed Mar 18 2009 3:21am

Hirsute @ Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:58 pm) wrote: I think I've got it!

Claude had his arm removed in an accident. Since he's magical, his arm was still able to move on its own.
The arm then went missing.
Claude became very depressed. People can get very depressed due to amputations. How would you react to losing an arm?
In his depressed state, Claude wandered off. He eventually settled in a place where he felt at home - underground surrounded by ancient rocks, like himself.
He would probably have stayed there feeling sorry for himself forever if Bowie hadn't come along and stuck his arm back on.

So, in conclusion, Claude was suffering from severe depression brought on by accidental amputation.

Haha, that's funny. His portrait doesn't exactly look happy, so maybe it's true. Though, you'd think he'd be better after the arm was returned.
Dark Link

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Hirsute » Wed Mar 18 2009 3:27am

Well maybe he hasn't been eating enough cheerful bread

Hirsute

Emperor of Canada
Shining Legend

Postby DomingoRules! » Wed Mar 18 2009 5:22am

It's been so long that his face got stuck like that. I guess the warnings parents give their children are true :fear:
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Link » Wed Mar 18 2009 8:27am

DomingoRules! @ Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:22 pm) wrote: It's been so long that his face got stuck like that. I guess the warnings parents give their children are true :fear:

I dunno what your parents told you. I don't think mine ever said anything like that.
Dark Link

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Rick » Wed Mar 18 2009 8:30am

Maybe Claude is Emo and self harms... he just took it a bit far
Rick's 10K Run Blog

SF Community Project. Come have a looksie

Chaos Wizard wrote:I prefer beauty more then Virginal. But no skanks. :angry:

masquirinsears wrote:wow that rick, he's so hot right now, rick...

-----
Shining Force: Ancient Pathways RPG
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
HP: 21/21 |||||||||||||||||||||
-----
Rick's 10K Run Blog

SF Community Project. Come have a looksie

Chaos Wizard wrote:I prefer beauty more then Virginal. But no skanks. :angry:

masquirinsears wrote:wow that rick, he's so hot right now, rick...

-----
Shining Force: Ancient Pathways RPG
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
HP: 21/21 |||||||||||||||||||||
-----
Rick

Lionheart
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Link » Wed Mar 18 2009 8:31am

Rick @ Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:30 am) wrote: Maybe Claude is Emo and self harms... he just took it a bit far

I could see him ripping off his arm on accident, then with the 'magic circuit' broken, gets stuck where he was. That place was very dark and lonely.
Dark Link

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Skunky » Thu Mar 19 2009 3:44am

Hirsute @ Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:27 am) wrote: Well maybe he hasn't been eating enough cheerful bread

haha legitimate Shining Force II humor
Yay my house is clean!
Yay my house is clean!
Skunky

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Hirsute » Thu Mar 19 2009 5:03am

At least somebody appreciates me :shifty:

Hirsute

Emperor of Canada
Shining Legend

Postby Hideaki » Mon Jan 07 2019 3:46pm

Balbazak wrote:Yeah, it just always irked me the wrong way... very strange.
Speaking of strange, I was playing the Zeon fight last night and something, well, strange happened.
The Blue Shaman near Zeon was about to die, when he moved off of the blue stage as if he could fly! He then used one of his healing rains to cure himself and Zeon, a trick I like to use to get more exp off of Zeon-
Spare the Shaman as long as possible, until Zeon is in his yellow bar, then hurt the Shaman enough so he'll use the healing rain, make sure he's already out of MP though, he'll heal Zeon and himself all the way, giving you more exp off of Zeon.
Anyhoo...
My Shaman flew. Not sure why. :)

That's exactly what happened to me. I was playing in Japanese, though, so I didn't realize right away that it was the healing rain he suddenly used to heal everybody; I thought he had stepped on a magic healing block. He stepped on the block to the right of the downward path before Zeon. He used a healing rain twice on that block.

One time going over the firy lava maze, a bunch of paths disappeared, and you could just walk over the lava on the place that the paths were, but restricted by the "walls" of the paths. So you could basically walk from the beginning right to the door. I wonder how come these particular glitches happen.
Hideaki

Previous

Return to Shining Force II