Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

SF2 Editor 1.4 Release

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Re: SF2 Editor 1.4 Release

Postby Space King » Wed Aug 11 2010 1:01pm

I can hack in a quick workaround that should (should) work. You'd just add another line in ItemEquipCodes.txt and it'll offer it as another doodad to edit.

If you can elaborate a bit on what Cow's talking about, that might help.
Space King

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Stordarth » Wed Aug 11 2010 1:59pm

When it came to editing the battle sprites, the editor was loading the correct values as normal. I set battle sprite and palette data, and when i came back to it they were still the same. When i looked in the rom directly though, certain characters had sprite banks missing. The data itself was intact, but the missing banks (which i think involved Luke and Skreech) shifted everyone's sprite info that came directly after them by the 3 bytes that were missing for that character ([for class][model no.][palette]), and thus it treated what should have been rohde's archer settings as Luke's 'special promo' data. The rom could then not find the relevant [for class] data for anyone after this, and they all showed up as bowie.

BNC was working on birdman special promo at some point, which may or may not have some impact upon this.

We just need to make double sure that when extending character data blocks, that every character has sets of the above [for class][model no.][palette] layout each so that data doesn't get offset, and that the editor is doing that properly.

Code: Select all
Dice Codes
Attack/Marked Target: /roll 8d100
Damage Variance (Rebels): /roll d26 [Everyone.]
Damage Variance (Emissaries): /roll d24 [Assassins with Katana], /roll d21 [MXC, TUM with Blade], /roll d26 [Any other case.]
Magic: /roll d26
Status Effects: /roll d100
Level-Ups (No MP): /roll 4d11
Level-Ups (Has MP): /roll 5d11

---
SFCW-A: Durandar
Sunken Castle: Fintan Kahn

Code: Select all
Dice Codes
Attack/Marked Target: /roll 8d100
Damage Variance (Rebels): /roll d26 [Everyone.]
Damage Variance (Emissaries): /roll d24 [Assassins with Katana], /roll d21 [MXC, TUM with Blade], /roll d26 [Any other case.]
Magic: /roll d26
Status Effects: /roll d100
Level-Ups (No MP): /roll 4d11
Level-Ups (Has MP): /roll 5d11

---
SFCW-A: Durandar
Sunken Castle: Fintan Kahn
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby Space King » Thu Aug 12 2010 11:17pm

QUICK QUESTION

When you shuffle the tables, do you move the end tile stuff (the 101010101 stuff I love to overwrite viciously) to an address outside the standard rom size? Is that correct?

I can use that as a way to ASSume the tables have more space.

BigNailCow @ Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:00 pm) wrote: A side note: I finally "acquired" Visual Studio 6 (...) but it occurs to me that I do not know VB very well.

I must say VB6 is annoying as crap sometimes. My favorite is how it tries to be "helpful" and sometimes assigns incompatible typing to plain numbers in an argument. So like just now, it was trying to multiply 232 by 256, add it to a thing, and then feed it to a long. And it got all horked up and I had to wrap clng() functions... around every number.

It's also been pretty sassy consistently when trying to write values in &H in arguments, too.

It might be just super at slopping things out quickly, but thousands of other languages can too. Cursed, haunted thing, it is..
Space King

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby BigNailCow » Fri Aug 13 2010 2:55am

Yes, that stuff is moved.
BigNailCow

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Space King » Fri Aug 13 2010 4:11am

I'm getting a headache...

Is there a pointer to the promotion table the game actually uses? Or at least to like a block of goobly gook of instructions that come right before it?
Space King

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Volcannon » Mon Jun 03 2019 9:28pm

The download link isn't working. Could someone fix it, please?
Volcannon

Previous

Return to Shining Force II