Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Tactics Absolute Final Edition

This will probably be my last Shining Force 2 project.

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Re: Shining Tactics Absolute Final Edition

Postby SaCred » Thu Feb 27 2014 12:13pm

Aha yeah with a party of 12 it's quite easy. My party had more melee attackers so I struggled a bit but still managed to achieve victory :) yes Oddeye beam sux ahaha, I didn't use Oddeye though due to the glitch on Gens with me not using SF Edit lol. I remember Chester was okay as a PGNT but Slade hmm he wasn't so good. I haven't used Rohde for awhile since the vanilla version due to his low agility.
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Claw » Thu Feb 27 2014 1:38pm

SaCred wrote:Aha yeah with a party of 12 it's quite easy. My party had more melee attackers so I struggled a bit but still managed to achieve victory :) yes Oddeye beam sux ahaha, I didn't use Oddeye though due to the glitch on Gens with me not using SF Edit lol. I remember Chester was okay as a PGNT but Slade hmm he wasn't so good. I haven't used Rohde for awhile since the vanilla version due to his low agility.

Ya know you could just switch emulators. I believe GensPlus doesn't have that problem.

But yeah Oddeye Beam is just designed to finish off enemies with 30HP or less from a distance.
Dark Claw

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Thu Feb 27 2014 1:42pm

Ahh okay :) still it doesn't motivate me to play it again haha joke. I may play it again just for Oddeye :) so you going to make another mod? Because this one is awesome
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Sladesta » Sun Mar 02 2014 6:42pm

Are the bird men more easily affected by confusion? Almost every time the enemy casts muddle on Peter and Skreech they become affected by confuse. This is 6 times in a row in 6 different battles now lol.
Sladesta

Postby SaCred » Sun Mar 02 2014 8:21pm

Loll I guess they are very powerful so to give the enemy an advantage, Dark Claw has made them more vulnerable to muddle lol
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Claw » Fri May 23 2014 2:27pm

Hey there I have a small request for anyone who has played this hack; can someone please upload a save from around the Taros battle for me to use. I wanna do some tinkering and it would save me time not having to play to that point.
Dark Claw

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Sat May 24 2014 12:02am

Sorry man, i over write my Save States every time lol :(
You could always start from the beginning, its a great mod made by the man himself!!
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby loveshining » Sat May 31 2014 8:09pm

Odd Eye speaks from the nose. LOL!!! :)
loveshining

Postby SaCred » Sun Jun 01 2014 3:54pm

loveshining wrote:Odd Eye speaks from the nose. LOL!!! :)

Huh?
What you been smoking? Lol.
Maybe he should be called Oddnose instead.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby rbahamut » Fri Jun 27 2014 3:05am

Ok been playing this a bit and it seems entirely too easy, even on SUPER... I have never been in fear of a character dieing. I do play very strategically myself so maybe that is part of the ease but even in raw stats the enemies do little to no damage from start to end it seems. Only magic can hurt me really, and it is very easy to coordinate strikes that kill casters before they get a chance to do any real damage.

Having said that! I love the changes to the story and the visuals of the characters. The class differences make it feel fresh and not the same old SF2 i am used to. Good job, id just make it more difficult :/
rbahamut

Postby SaCred » Fri Jun 27 2014 12:10pm

I do remember this mod being challenging, im sure it gets harder near the end game :)
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby rbahamut » Fri Jun 27 2014 7:29pm

Yeah i hooe so... the stats are way too inflated as well... by like the 5th fight enemies had 50+ hp and my average force member had 40+ attack and at level 12ish... everone got promoted so early in the game instead of at or just before Taurus fight like normal... I do like the weapon status effects and have been abusing them to the fullest lol
rbahamut

Postby SaCred » Fri Jun 27 2014 10:06pm

Lol you already promoted? I don't think I promoted till the latest level which I cannot remember ?
Was it 20? :)
The slow and sleep effects are nice like from Sarah she can cause slow or sleep was it from her hits? Peter can cause sleep I remember.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Claw » Sat Jun 28 2014 9:33pm

Its funny I've had people complain that my hack is too hard and too easy. I personally enjoy the balance of the hack. Also according romhacking.net I have had over 1000 downloads so far.
Dark Claw

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Sat Jun 28 2014 9:42pm

1,000 is goooood!! Where else are you advertising it? :) I dont think most of those numbers are from here hehe.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Claw » Sat Jun 28 2014 9:50pm

No where else that's just by word of mouth I think. Actually I think this is the most popular Shining Force Hack.
Dark Claw

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Sat Jun 28 2014 10:36pm

hehe it deserves to be :) And i was proud to be one of first to play it :)
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby GaresTaylan » Sun Jul 06 2014 7:14pm

Up to the Hobgoblin cave on this one so far. Playing on Ouch! Have to say, im not really sure what my feelings are on this mod yet.

I really like the changes to the characters so far. Its nice to see May be able to withstand a few hits. Bowie is a total pushover though. Hoping he balances out soon because even with his high HP he gets trashed WAY too easily. Ive had to care for Peter a bit more since hes a bit weaker defensively.

I think my only real gripe has been the increase on the number of second attacks that have popped up. In the hobgoblin cave I lose 2 characters right off the bat because 2 dark dwarves did a second attack. When I was trying to save the princess back on grans island, one of the dark smokes performed a second attack on both of his back-to-back turns. So essentially 4 attacks in a time frame of about 15 seconds. May not seem like a big deal, but its been frustrating enough that Ive had to start a couple battles over when Im up to the last monster and its been aggravating enough to make me contemplate continuing after it happening so often.
GaresTaylan

Postby SaCred » Sun Jul 06 2014 7:31pm

Heheh, it's a great mod, Peter is not so strong this time round but he gets some nice spells later on. I like it how your attacks can cause sleep or slow or silence :) those Dark Smokes have 2 moves in a row, if your characters are low on agility then they can get 3 to 4 moves in a row lol. Kiwi is very good in this mod :) Bowie gets okay after but in the early game he gets bashed up abit.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby SladetheNinja » Wed Aug 13 2014 7:06pm

I'm probably an idiot, but how do I make this work on Fusion (or GenPLUSDroid for mobile) when it's an .ips file? I'm just not sure how to convert it.
SladetheNinja

Shining Member
Shining Member

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force II