Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

[Hack] Pocalon Princess - V0.3

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

[Hack] Pocalon Princess - V0.3

Postby Lyanel » Mon Sep 11 2017 11:25pm

Lataura, that's the name i've given to the Pocalon Princess.
In the original game, you see her in the Castle and only before saving Mitula. Why she disapear after that is unknow (Dev forgot her ?).

The only things about her in the game are her sprite and a quote spoke by a maid
So, why bother about her ?
Well, because she's a Princess ? Because, she's have a cute sprite ? Or simply, because we don't like that a character disapear with no reason...

That say, i've decided to give her a place in the force. But since i have 0 skill in asm, i'll just make an hack (ips) by taking out Higgins.

Thanks to the comunity (caravan, SF2DISASM), i've made it to the point where the portrait, battle sprite and text are done and included in game in 2 version :
_Cybell_M1Late.ips : A more tanky version with less MP and a portrait based on Cybel (Blessed) from shining force 3.
This version keep the orininal Paladin Battle sprite but with a new color palette for Lataura, with little drawback on other Paladin...
_Wendy_M2Early.ips : A more magic version with spell learned faster and a portrait based on Wendy from shining force CD,
This version have the same palette but also get a new battle sprite, making other Paladin... hum, cute ?
_CraySis_BKLate.ips: A Ranged version with less stats and a portrait based on Cray sister from shining force CD. (Map sprite Bug).

Note on the Text, I also started to whrite a quest line that wouldn't need to remove one of the other members.
If anyone is good enough in asm, i would be happy to seeher that way.

LMP, anyone is free to use my work, just tell me so i can play your hack ;)

Version :
WARNING: SPOILER!

Edit : Last version :
V0.3 : http://www.mediafire.com/file/anglf25ygq7bcyy/Lataura_v0.3.7z
Last edited by Lyanel on Fri Nov 03 2017 10:58pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I'm on the web, like a Ghost in a University, so let me sleep for the peace of the World."
"I'm on the web, like a Ghost in a University, so let me sleep for the peace of the World."
Lyanel

Re: Pocalon Princess

Postby DiegoMM » Thu Sep 14 2017 2:05am

Great! I was planning in adding her in the force, along with her father, in a hack I was working on but never finished it.
I think she fits better with may sprites and class, she is a palette swap of may anyway.
I will try your hack later.
Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
DiegoMM

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Lyanel » Thu Sep 14 2017 4:28pm

Ty for reply,
About her father, i'm not in, that would be to much i think...
About her as a ranger, that could work, but i wanted her to do magic, like Arthur.
Also, i looked at May sprite, they may be similar but not to the point of being palette swap. Even if you don't count the crossbow there's little difference (like the pony tail length or the armor/dress design).

Anyway thanks to the SF2DISASM update (SF2BattleSpriteManager), I have corrected the bug of the Battle sprite in Wendy_M2Early version :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0jo7be8i8oh9xxh/Lataura_v0.2.7z

LMP, really thanks a lot to Wiz and all of you who are working on SF2DISASM.
Lyanel

Postby Wiz » Thu Sep 14 2017 8:34pm

:shock: Woaaah, somebody is using one of my tools only a few days after its release ... My work is useful ! Woohoo ! :)

Thanks a lot to YOU, sir ! ;)
Wiz

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lyanel » Sat Sep 16 2017 1:29pm

Wiz, I had the same reaction when I saw you published the tool I needed, when I needed it.

Ok, else, i started working on Bow Knight Lataura...
[Tsundere mode on] It's not like I'm doing it for you or whatever. I'm just curious to see if I can do it.[Tsundere mode off]
But I stumble on strange bug : the map sprite showed is Skreech and I do not understand why since I did not edited anything having a link to the map sprite.
Anyway, since everything else work correctly, here come the new version :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/anglf25ygq7bcyy/Lataura_v0.3.7z

It come with a new portrait based on Cray sister from Shining force CD and a new color palette for the Bow Knight Battle sprite.

LMP, Ranged attack + Magic ? "Totalement inutile et donc rigoureusement indispensable"
Lyanel

Return to Shining Force II