Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Common Weapon Drops

Non-deal weapons being dropped upon defeating an enemy.

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Common Weapon Drops

Postby Drakohahn » Sun Oct 01 2017 6:54pm

I've only had this happen once or twice. The one time I remember clearly is defeating a Galam Mage and he dropped his Short Rod.

Can this be done for any weapon? I'm curious about it, but I've never really seen it brought up anywhere.
Drakohahn

Re: Common Weapon Drops

Postby greyskies » Mon Oct 02 2017 7:59pm

Yes. There's many more of those, such as Cameela dropping her Morningstar thingy or the Taros Sword, although those two have a really low drop chance. Some enemies in the lategame also drop Mithril weapons, such as the Executioner from the Prism Flower Battle who'll part ways with his battle sword upon death.

The easiest and most convenient way to change enemy item drops is to use BNC's handy patch, which can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25833
Check out Return to Grans - A Shining Force II hack which features a completely
reworked story, numerous visual improvements, and tons of balance changes.

Also available as storymode hack only.
Check out Return to Grans - A Shining Force II hack which features a completely
reworked story, numerous visual improvements, and tons of balance changes.

Also available as storymode hack only.
greyskies

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Drakohahn » Mon Oct 02 2017 9:44pm

greyskies wrote:Yes. There's many more of those, such as Cameela dropping her Morningstar thingy or the Taros Sword, although those two have a really low drop chance. Some enemies in the lategame also drop Mithril weapons, such as the Executioner from the Prism Flower Battle who'll part ways with his battle sword upon death.

I knew about the Mithril weapons dropping, but I was specifically wondering about the weapons you could buy anyway. Like I said, I've seen it happen with a Galam Mage's Short Rod, but never had it happen otherwise. So, dropping weapons is just a rare thing in general?

Thanks for the link.
Drakohahn

Postby Lord Kane » Mon Oct 02 2017 11:47pm

The only other non-rare weapon I remember to be dropped is a Broad Sword in the battle in Devil's Tail. So yes, it is a quite rare occasion.
Lord Kane

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby abig84 » Thu Oct 05 2017 1:05am

I think you can play where you can control the enemies and just make them drop everything and it ends up in the specials section at the store. But I always found it pointless playing like that
abig84

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Drakohahn » Thu Oct 05 2017 7:06am

One thing I've been thinking of doing is have at least one of every weapon kept in the Caravan in my next Shining Force 2 playthrough. So, I was thinking of saving money by trying to get common weapons dropped rather than buy them from the shop. However, if the drops are so unlikely, I may just grind the money and shop rather than try to get the drops.
Drakohahn

Postby Drakohahn » Sat Oct 07 2017 6:24am

Actually, I suppose it doesn't matter much. I'm also planning on getting everyone to level 40 before promotion... and for the fun of it, doing that with everyone who doesn't join already promoted.

Yeah, I enjoy grinding a bit too much sometimes.
Drakohahn

Return to Shining Force II