Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

sf edit/caravan alignment

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

sf edit/caravan alignment

Postby bleu7384 » Thu Nov 02 2017 12:22pm

Hello.

I have been hacking my own games for a while now, but there is one thing i am a bit unsure off.

On SF edit, the last three spaces on the monster list, that includes the necromancer with the wish staff and the blue shaman with the healing rain, what battle sprites do they alignment with, i know the ones they are meant to in the caravan battle sprite list but when i play my games through it does not always work out the way i want it and i have to reedit their sprites.

I wondered if anybody has had experience with this before and how they have gone about resolving it.

Also i have asked this before but has anybody got any experience with weapon positioning

I have looked through the nightshade battle royal post's, I have'nt been able to find anything of use at all.

Thanks
bleu7384

Re: sf edit/caravan alignment

Postby RedArcher » Thu Nov 02 2017 1:17pm

You can find an info about weapon positioning in this topic. It requires a bit of hex editing.
RedArcher

Postby bleu7384 » Thu Nov 02 2017 4:59pm

Thank you RedArcher
bleu7384

Postby SirHedge » Fri Nov 03 2017 2:07am

bleu7384 wrote:On SF edit, the last three spaces on the monster list, that includes the necromancer with the wish staff and the blue shaman with the healing rain, what battle sprites do they alignment with, i know the ones they are meant to in the caravan battle sprite list but when i play my games through it does not always work out the way i want it and i have to reedit their sprites.

Do you mean the map sprites or the actual in-battle sprites? Or perhaps I should just ask if RedArcher's linked solved this for you.
SirHedge

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby bleu7384 » Fri Nov 03 2017 8:30am

Hi SirHedge

I should of been more clear with my response.

Thanks RedArcher with regards to the link for the weapon positioning.

I have not seen that topic before, i will look into it in depth at the weekend to see if i can make any sense of it, the only thing i have hex edited before is making it so characters were able to gain experience from healing in battle, that was a long time ago though..

With regards to the sprites i mean the battlefield sprites, even if you say change the sprite in the caravan that represents the necromancer with the mage staff on sfedit it sometimes reverts back to its parent sprite (in this case the necromancer) If it helps on the caravan these sprites sometimes look like rhode or Galam facing upwards
bleu7384

Postby SirHedge » Fri Nov 03 2017 9:14pm

For the map sprites for the monsters, check out this link:
https://www.box.com/s/nshb9xocyj41y2upz7me

Interestingly enough, the source for that came from the thread linked by RedArcher, though I've added some additional information regarding the three sprites you are concerned with.

Also, if you want a refresher on how to hex edit, you may want to check out the link in my signature. I'm not going to argue it's the greatest video in the world, but it was done specifically for SF2 hacking.
SirHedge

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby bleu7384 » Thu Nov 09 2017 9:45am

Cool, thank you

It has confirmed my suspicions about editing the last three monsters in that you have to hex edit them first

Cheers
bleu7384

Return to Shining Force II