Shining Force: Shining Force X

A massive SF mod!

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Shining Force X

Post by SaCred »

okay :) I will go bed soon but resuming tomorrow for more laughs :)
Is Drios suppose to be blind? He has a bandage across his eyes, or am i missing something? :D
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
Tyadran
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tyadran »

SaCred wrote:okay :) I will go bed soon but resuming tomorrow for more laughs :)
Is Drios suppose to be blind? He has a bandage across his eyes, or am i missing something? :D
Haha, I can't really answer for Drios. A lot of these characters (Drios, Skarloey, Meow, Fayne, Katchiri,...Tyadran) are the usernames of people I know from various places. I let Drios draw his own character, and he decided to be a blind archer. :D I figured it would be good for some laughs.

Oh, and if you want laughs, don't forget you're playing the currently broken version, so you can use the Wooden Staff to heal your enemies! Infinite Experience! ;)
Tyadran - Modding Sega Genesis games since 2013.
Developer of The Paladin in Green.
Check me out on Twitch (and YouTube).
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

lol broken version huh :) I see the Leather Armor is a bit pricey ahaha well i did lose my main character twice already :)
I know of the Blind Samurai from Zatoichi but didn't know of about the Blind Archer :D
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
Tyadran
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tyadran »

Broken version as in the Wooden Staff has the wrong effect. :( That will get fixed in Chapter 2.
Leather armor is expensive but worth it if you plan to survive. Throughout the game, Attack will tend to outpace Defense, so it's usually a wise decision to boost DEF when you can. Besides, you can use the armor to Heal 1 yourself in a pinch. :)

EDIT:
Well, ATT will outpace DEF...unless you make Alan a permanent member of the Force. Dang, that guy's a tank. :)
Last edited by Tyadran on Tue Mar 11 2014 4:25am, edited 1 time in total.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

aha nice :) Fayne looks like she got her top the wrong way round lol, is Matt suppose to be a Centaur? He looks more like a knight.
Im on battle 3 and the Giant Bats are annoying, they keep dodging more attacks!
Tyadran
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tyadran »

SaCred wrote:aha nice :) Fayne looks like she got her top the wrong way round lol, is Matt suppose to be a Centaur? He looks more like a knight.
Matt is not supposed to be a centaur... You know how I mentioned I can't draw birds? That applies to horses too. So no horsey knights for the moment, at least. :damnit:
For Fayne, are you talking in-battle? I...hmm. I don't think it looks that weird. Meh, I might rework her sprite.
SaCred wrote:Im on battle 3 and the Giant Bats are annoying, they keep dodging more attacks!
Believe it or not, I actually made no changes to the Bats besides HP and MP. I have no idea why they seem to dodge so much more frequently. :damnit:
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

haha okay :) i mean its a good change, Drios died in 1 hit from the Knights :( this guy better be superior than Hans hahaha :D
Tyadran
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tyadran »

He's superior to Hans in Attack, for sure. He's one of the strongest members in Chapter 1. Possibly THE strongest? I can't remember. His HP and Defense is absolutely awful though, so I always use my HP and DEF boosters (like that Armor...) on him. :)

EDIT: Just checked his ATT curve. He ends up with 26 at Level 20 unpromoted, and the next best are Tyadran and Skarloey with 23. He's your starting-party "glass cannon". :thumbsup:
Last edited by Tyadran on Tue Mar 11 2014 4:36am, edited 1 time in total.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

i see :) I should of used my Power Potions on Skarloey because his cannon like attack is pants at the moment.
I do like the cannon coming out of his hand when healing too haha. I also noticed the main character turns into Max when the girl pushes him into the water to get the Power Potion :D
Tyadran
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tyadran »

SaCred wrote:i see :) I should of used my Power Potions on Skarloey because his cannon like attack is pants at the moment.
I do like the cannon coming out of his hand when healing too haha. I also noticed the main character turns into Max when the girl pushes him into the water to get the Power Potion :D
What level is your Skarloey, by the way? Get him to Level 6 so he learns Ruin, and you will totally forget about his lame ATT. :excited:
And yeah, I still have to do that sprite. XD
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

haah :D hes level 3 at the moment, just got Heal :D on battle 4 and picked up Katchiri :) Never knew healers could use swords haha :D

Right im off to bed, will play tomorrow for another laugh :) Good night mate and great mod! :)
Tyadran
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tyadran »

SaCred wrote:haah :D hes level 3 at the moment, just got Heal :D on battle 4 and picked up Katchiri :) Never knew healers could use swords haha :D

Right im off to bed, will play tomorrow for another laugh :) Good night mate and great mod! :)
Yeah, Healers using swords was mentioned in the "Please Read" section above the download. :) I was always irritated by how hard it is to level Healers, so I wanted to give them more of a 'fighting' chance, if you'll pardon the pun. :D Katchiri's ATT is actually pretty boss.

Have a good night, and thanks for the feedback. It's fun to follow along with your play. :) Glad you like it! :D

EDIT:
Just had to share these portraits because I'm so happy with how they turned out...
Meet Vulcan and Elaine! :D
Image Image
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

lol :) Earnest's younger bro or son haha. Elaine looks a bit like Sephiroth :D

right time to play a few more.

Edit: lol, was on that battle and the Bat attacked me......Screen went black?? wtf lol.
This problem happened on Doomblade's mod too when the colossus attacked me and screen just goes black.
Tyadran
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tyadran »

SaCred wrote:lol :) Earnest's younger bro or son haha. Elaine looks a bit like Sephiroth :D

right time to play a few more.

Edit: lol, was on that battle and the Bat attacked me......Screen went black?? wtf lol.
This problem happened on Doomblade's mod too when the colossus attacked me and screen just goes black.
Battle 3 or 4? I've never had that issue before, but I'm doing a playthrough right now before I release Chapter 2, and I'll check it out. It'd be great help to know which battle it is. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I'm assuming it's 4, since you have Katchiri. :damnit: I'm on Battle 3 right now, so I should be able to check it out soon.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Yeah its when Katchiri rescues you from the prison and then the battle commences when you go outside.
I was doing well, Giant Bat attacked my Meow like 5-6 times, and then all of a sudden, the screen goes black lol.
Black Screen of Death lolol.
Tyadran
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tyadran »

It may take me a while, these Dark Dwarves on the road to Alterone are really giving me crap. :damnit:
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

lol :) Maybe is it possible to remove the Bats and replace them with more Dark Dwarves or Knights? Damn those Knights hit hard!
Tyadran
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tyadran »

SaCred wrote:lol :) Maybe is it possible to remove the Bats and replace them with more Dark Dwarves or Knights? Damn those Knights hit hard!
Yeah, that's totally possible...I just want to verify that I get the issue too, and that it isn't just a random 'sometimes' crash. And yeah, they do! Spear + Power Ring, they have 20 ATT. It pays to check enemy stats - a lot of them have different equipment than normal. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Daaang just had one of the Rune Knights outside Alterone (the spear ones) hit Alan with a double attack for 8 each, left him with 1 HP. Very very lucky there. :D
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Okay :) Otherwise if its a random black screen then people have to use Save State after every turn lol.
Tyadran
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tyadran »

Well, what I mean is that I want to see if I can narrow it down to one specific Bat or something. :/ And then just replace him.